shetty_rohan

Hiding Bootstrapper UI messages

Is it possible to hide "Bootstrapper UI" dialogs(like "Extracting files", "Deting extracted files")?

In my setup I have set "Bootstrapper UI" to "Basic UI and progress". This is required because of the "language selection dialog". At the end of setup, I also launch the application(which has a splash screen). On the splash screen, we get a dialog saying "deleting extracted files..".
Eusebiu

Re: Hiding Bootstrapper UI messages

Hi Rohan,

The latest versions of Advanced Installer (i.e. 9.9, 10.0) extract the files asynchronous from the EXE package, so the "Extracting files" dialog is displayed only for few moments.

Unfortunately, we don't have support for hiding these dialogs.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
shetty_rohan

Hi Eusebiu,

Thanks for the response.

Regards,
Rohan
Eusebiu

You're welcome.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Daniel

Hello,

Starting with our latest Advanced Installer versions (e.g. 13.7) the related EXE dialogs can be suppressed if you set the "Dialogs page -> EXE Bootsrtapper -> Pre-install UI section -> UI level field" to "Silent install (no UI)" option.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
r.bissels

When we set the "Dialogs page -> EXE Bootsrtapper -> Pre-install UI section -> UI level field" to "Silent install (no UI)" option, the user doesn't get any warnings or errors anymore. So if a launch condition isn't met, for example not the right windows version, it looks like the installer doesn't start. No warning/error, even the FatalError dialog isn't shown anymore. Is there a fix or work around for this? I have added a example project, with a prerequisite, launch condition (win xp 32 bits), and bootstrapper in silent install mode. If I run the installer, it will fail because of its launch condition in the background and will never popup.
Attachments
Your Application.aip
(22.57 KiB) Downloaded 361 times
Daniel

Hello and welcome to our forums,

Indeed this seems to be an Advanced Installer issue. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will try to get this fixed in a future version of our product and when so we will update this forum thread.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
r.bissels

What is the progress of the issue?
Catalin

Hello,

Unfortunately, this has not yet been fixed.

However, I have no increased its priority and hopefully this will be added in a future version of Advanced Installer.

We will update this thread as soon as the issue will be fixed and released.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Catalin

Hello,

After further investigating this issue, we came to the conclusion that this is actually the intended behavior.

During a silent installation, no UI should be spawned, even the one spawned by a Launch Condition. Therefore, the behavior is normal, taking in consideration that when the launch condition is evaluated, the UI Level is set to "silent". For more information about this, please have a look on the following thread:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36032

As you can see, the fact that the Launch Conditions was spawned during a silent install was a bug we have faced in the past and which was fixed.

However, we found an issue in what regards this. It seems that the process is launched and somehow hangs. It can only be stopped by using the Task Manager to end its process.

By default, the process should terminate automatically (this is the way Windows Installer handles this).

We will further investigate this and will update this thread as soon as a fix will be available.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin

Hello,

This has been fixed in Advanced Installer 16.6, released on December 12th, 2019.

Best regards,
Catalin

Return to “Building Installers”