minnumathew

How can i add publisher name to trusted publishers

During the driver installation,a security window opened asking whether to install or dont install the driver, and in the bottom there is a checkbox for adding that publisher to trusted publisher list.

Is there any method for adding this publisher name to trusted publisher list so that installler can install driver withpout popping up this window and prompting the user.
Dan

Re: How can i add publisher name to trusted publishers

Hello,

In order to achieve what you want you should digitally sign your driver installation files. Also, this issue is debated on our "Driver installlation - publisher name blocks install" thread.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
minnumathew

I have attached the image of the window which popped up during install. If I can add the publisher name in trusted list I think that window will not come. Is that possible?
1.png
1.png (59.41 KiB) Viewed 14613 times
Also during uninstall, the installer is always uninstalling the drivers which are installed by the installer. Is it possible to not uninstall the drivers during uninstall
Daniel

Hello,
I have attached the image of the window which popped up during install. If I can add the publisher name in trusted list I think that window will not come. Is that possible?
In order to achieve this you should try to digitally sign your driver package. Please take a look on "Using Authenticode to Digitally Sign Driver Packages" and "Driver Signing" articles which should be useful for you.
Also during uninstall, the installer is always uninstalling the drivers which are installed by the installer. Is it possible to not uninstall the drivers during uninstall
I'm afraid this is the normal behavior. Please keep in mind that our Driver framework is designed for installing Software First Install drivers only (which normally should be used by the application installed within your installation package). So, when the installation package will be uninstalled, the driver package will be uninstalled too.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
minnumathew

Hello,

My customer dont want to uninstall driver during uninstall of the application. Is there any method for uninstalling the application without uninstalling the driver. Can we do this by changing some feature state.. Please advise me .. Rgt now I am in trouble due to this.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Minnoo
Daniel

Hello Minnoo,

As a workaround, in order to achieve this you can create another installation project which will contain and install only your driver. Then, you can add the above package as a prerequisite to your main project.

All the best,
Daniel
minnumathew

Thanks Daniel. That works fine..
Daniel

You're welcome. I'm glad you got this working.

All the best,
Daniel

Return to “Building Installers”