booleserver

Permission to deploy SharePoint Solution

Hello,
I built a new setup in order to install a file WSP in SharePoint Solution. So I have a problem to install it because the setup show me the message: "... cannot be installed because the current user does not have enough permissions to deploy SharePoint Solution". So I tried to install it as a Domain Administrator and Local Administrator but I receive the same message. Instead if I install without setup but using the SharePoint 2010 Managment Shell directly using script and WSP file it is works correctly.

Can you help me to understand why with exe setup not works?

Ps. I am using Share Point 2010 in farm mode.

Thank you
vp
Dan

Re: Permission to deploy SharePoint Solution

Hello,

I am not sure why you encountered this behaviour.
The message that you receive: “...cannot be installed because the current user does not have enough permissions to deploy SharePoint solutions” is triggered by a “LaunchCondtion”: “Run only if user has permissions for deploying SharePoint solutions" from "Launch Conditions" page in "Software" tab.

Since you have successfully installed without setup it's definetly that you have enough level permissions. So that message is triggered by our launch condition, it could be a bug in our launch conditions or an incomplete setup of your sharepoint configuration from the machine were you are testing the package.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
booleserver

It now works!

Thanks a lot!
vp
Dan

You're welcome!

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Daniel

Hello,

The related behavior could have been generated by an Advanced Installer issue. The "LaunchCondition for Sharepoint Deploy Permissions doesn't work on Domain Groups" issue was fixed in version 11.4 of Advanced Installer released on July 30th, 2014.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Building Installers”