Saurbaum

Re: Windows Server 2012 R2 IIS is not fuly installed

Sorry to drag this one up again.

I get the same problem on Server 2012 and Windows 8.1 when using 11.5.1 build 60347. Is is possible that it hasn't yet been incorporated into this version?
Dan

Hello,

Can you please try to use the latest version of Advanced Installer and see if the behavior still persist?

Also, can you please tell us if you can replicate the behavior on another clean machine?

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
mgorga

Dear Dan,
I have the same problem using version 12.5.1. I made these tests:
1. Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard in English => it fails
2. Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard in Spanish => it works
3. Windows Server 2012 R2 Data Center in Spanish => it works

So it fails only in some occasions. All cases are Virtual Machines using Vmware Workstation 10.0 and VSphere 5.5. I've created very simple installer for testing. Basically It installs IIS and creates some elements on it.

Best regards,
Mario
Attachments
Fake install IIS.aip
(21.3 KiB) Downloaded 290 times
Dan

Hello Mario,

I'm not sure why you are encountering this. In order to get more details about what happens can you download the following debug DLL, replace the original one from the install folder of Advanced Installer 12.5.1 (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\Caphyon\Advanced Installer 12.5.1\custact\x86) on your machine and rebuild the package?

Just replace the original iis.dll from the install folder of Advanced Installer with this one, then restart the application and rebuild the package. This DLL should create a debug log (at install time) on the root of the OS partition (e.g. C:\AI_IIS.log), which can give us more details about the problem. So, can you send us the AI_IIS.log file, to support at advancedinstaller dot com, after you will build and test your installation package using the debug iis.dll?

Also, you should back up first the existing iis.dll.

Best regards,
Dan
mgorga

Dear Dan,
I've followed your instructions to generate a new installer and then I tested it. The log was created and also IIS was installed with no problem, so the installer works fine. For that reason it has no sense to send the log. Then I tested again the compilation of the installer that has the error and it was working! I made all the tests using the same Snapshoot of the Virtual Machine. Also I tried deploying again the Virtual Machine Template and I made a test disconnecting the network. Now all the installers and tests works fine. It is a poltergeist.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Before opening again the error I tested 3 different projects and 2 different versions of Advanced Installer. Also I have some screen shoots and one video proving the error. So I don't understand what happened. If I have some news I will send it.

Best regards,
Mario
Saurbaum

You aren't alone in this Mario,

I'm getting similar reports from test and integration when sometimes it just fails to install IIS properly. By the time I can get to look at it thought it's working without me having made any changes.

Ian
Dan

Hi Mario, hi Ian,

Thank you guys for your feedback.
When the related behaviour appears, please let us know what version of Advanced Installer are you using and we will provide the iis debug dll so we can have more details about this.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Best regards,
Dan
Saurbaum

The problem is it is too transient a bug to be able to use the debug dll for me.

The problem gets reported and when they try again later it works. I can't leave a debug version of the dll is a product that goes live to customers if it's going to be producing vast amounts of logging on the off chance that it fails for them and they can get the file back to me.
shreevardhan.damani

Hello

I'm facing the same problem in Advanced Installer 13.4 on Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard.

Windows Server Roles and Features are not enabled post install.
1. IIS (Server Role)
2. Message Queuing (Feature)

Please help.
Daniel

Hello,

Can you please send us the .AIP (project file) and a verbose log of the installation to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them? I've tested the installation scenario but the server features were correctly installed.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Building Installers”