wcbrblack

Quiet installation with an ISS file

Hello,

I'm completely new to Advanced Installer and have been tasked with making some packages of existing applications. I followed the examples in the guide but am having difficulties when I try to create my own package.

I am trying to create an installer for PVCS which comes with an .exe installer named vm8400w32.exe

Currently, it is being installed via a batch file with the following reference:

vm8400w32.exe /s /f1".\VM8400setup.iss" /w

I have created a new Project Type-> Import-> MSI from EXE(s) and have provided the vm8400w32.exe file and accompanying VM8400setup.iss file.

I set my silent install command line paramater to: vm8400w32.exe /s /f1".\VM8400setup.iss"

The result is an MSI that prompts me with an install shield switch dialog and then the installer finishes with nothing installed. I'm quite confused.

Any direction on what I need to change to get this to install? The ISS file was created by me and is based on Serena's documentation on how to silently install their product.

I've tried enabling the 'limit to basic interface' option in the install parameters page and that just seems to suppress the AI install wizard. Still shows the prompt.

Ryan
Daniel

Re: Quiet installation with an ISS file

Hello Ryan and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

Thank you for your interest in Advanced Installer.

Can you please set the "Install Command Lines" fields of your "vm8400w32.exe" (added as a prerequisite) like this

Code: Select all

/s /f1".\VM8400setup.iss" /w
and see if the behavior still persist? Also, please add the "VM8400setup.iss" file in the "Additional Files" section of your prerequisite.

If this still doesn't help you, please send us the .aip (project file) to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate. Also, it would be useful if you also could send us the EXE and ISS file so we can test on our side and get a clear view of your installation scenario.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
karthi.murugesan

I am facing the same issue but your suggestion not helped me.

Can you please suggest other way to do the silent installation of instalshield exe
Daniel

Hello and welcome to our forums,

Is the related EXE package added as a prerequisite into your .AIP (Setup project)?

Can you please send us the .aip (project file) to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate its settings? Also, could you please mention how do you manually install silently the ISH EXE setup package?

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”