congnt92

Dialogue Page - Some question

Hi,
I have some questions about Dialogue Page.
1) Some pictures for each step when setup my app.
-
Installation Folder
Installation Folder
2-Installation Folder.PNG (29.07 KiB) Viewed 7883 times
-
Install
Install
4-Install.PNG (12.04 KiB) Viewed 7883 times
As you see, at step "Installation Folder", minimize button was visible but at step "Setup Type", Step "Ready to Install" and Step "Install" it was hidden. So now I want hide close button at step Install (Step Uninstall and Maintenance, too). I don't want user abort the installer at this step. Can I do it? And how if I can?
2) I want to hide this dialogue
Delete.png
Delete.png (3.2 KiB) Viewed 7883 times
Of course, if we not check "Do not delete extracted MSI and CAB files" at Builds Page, the "Delete extracted files ..." dialogue will display. I just want to make it will run silent.
Thanks
congnt92

Re: Dialogue Page - Some question

Hi,
I'm sorry but forums does not allow upload over 3 images. And I still have a question.
3) I disable some field like this ( customize summary Information at Builds Page)
Disable.PNG
Disable.PNG (17.94 KiB) Viewed 7882 times
I'm not sure but seem it is reason why I get this error when try to install my app.
Error.PNG
Error.PNG (28.47 KiB) Viewed 7882 times
Can you tell me why? Thanks
congnt92

Hi,
Can't anyone help me??
Eusebiu

Hi,
1) As you see, at step "Installation Folder", minimize button was visible but at step "Setup Type", Step "Ready to Install" and Step "Install" it was hidden. So now I want hide close button at step Install (Step Uninstall and Maintenance, too). I don't want user abort the installer at this step. Can I do it? And how if I can?
I'm afraid that blocking the user for not closing the installation is not completely possible. Even if you hide the "X" and the "Cancel" buttons, the user will still be able to close the installation from the "taskbar" or from the "Task Manager".

However, in order to hide the "X" button, you can go in the Themes page, select the desired frame from the "Frame" combobox (another than the "System" frame) and then go in the "Images" tab and replace the "<AI_FRAME_BTNS>sys_close_*.bmp" images, with some images of the same color as the frame. The "Cancel" button can be hidden in the Dialogs page.
2) I want to hide this dialogue
I'm afraid that the "Delete extracted files" dialog cannot be hidden.
3) I disable some field like this ( customize summary Information at Builds Page)
I'm not sure but seem it is reason why I get this error when try to install my app.
When the package is built, the CAB files are created based on the information found in the "Summary Information" section, but changing the "Word Count" field to an empty value would mean that all the files will be placed outside the package and that is why that error is thrown.

So, if you want to change that field you can use the "Place files unpacked next to the MSI database" option from the same page, but I'm not sure if this is suitable for you.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
congnt92

Hi,
Thank you for your reply, Eubiseu
However, in order to hide the "X" button, you can go in the Themes page, select the desired frame from the "Frame" combobox (another than the "System" frame) and then go in the "Images" tab and replace the "<AI_FRAME_BTNS>sys_close_*.bmp" images, with some images of the same color as the frame. The "Cancel" button can be hidden in the Dialogs page.
That's great!!. I tried it and it work fine.
but I'm not sure if this is suitable for you
By this question, I just want to know why I get that error when change some value at Summary Information. Now I fully understand why.
And, I still have a question.
I add a published event for finish button at "Fatal Error" Dialogue: Launch .txt file custom action. But the dialogue can be closed only if .txt was closed. This error is not metter with "show log file" check box. (log file was opened and dialogue exit without need to close log file) Can u tell me why? Thanks
Attachments
test.PNG
test.PNG (180.63 KiB) Viewed 7848 times
Eusebiu

Hi,

In order to have the same behavior as the "show log" checkbox, you should go in the Custom Actions page and uncheck the "Wait for custom action to finish before proceeding" and "Wait for return code at the end of the sequence" options for the custom action that you use as a published event.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
congnt92

Oh, I have made a stupid mistake.
Thank you very much, Eusebiu
Eusebiu

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
congnt92

Hi,
I use graphite theme and I add "static text" which display action text during install. But "static text" is white and background is dark color. So I choose "Transparent" for "static text" and it work fine. But during install my app, "static text" twinkles between "white" and "dark color". Can u fix it?
if u don't fully understand what I'm saying, please watch attachment video. Thanks
Attachments
Descriptive_Vid.rar
(76.51 KiB) Downloaded 288 times
Eusebiu

Hi,

Indeed, this seems to be an Advanced Installer issue which we are aware about. We will try to fix it in a future version of Advanced Installer.

As we know, the problem does not appear on all systems, but in order to alleviate it, you should try the following configurations:
- make sure that two controls are not overlapping each other
- make the controls as small as possible (preferably extend them on just one line)

Best regards,
Eusebiu
congnt92

Hi,
Thank for your suggestion, Eusebiu. I'll try it now.
Eusebiu

You're welcome.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Dan

Hello,

This was fixed in version 14.4 of Advanced Installer released on October 26st, 2017.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Building Installers”