shetty_rohan

Bundled JRE is not copying the java.exe

Hi,

We have found one problem(related to JRE)

Reproduction Steps
- Make sure that JRE "1.7.0" is installed(make sure that java.exe is in this folder)
- Bundle the setup with JRE(Setup->Resources->Java Products->Bundled JRE)
- Now install this
- You could see that there is NO java.exe in the installed folder.

Note: I have installed latest version of the AdvancedInstaller(11.6.3)

Can you please help us in fixing this??

Regards,
Rohan
shetty_rohan

Re: Bundled JRE is not copying the java.exe

Please ignore this. This was fixed by the following method
- java.exe was missing in the aip file
- Just edited the aip file, and added java.exe
<ROW Feature="JREBundle" Title="JRE Bundle" Description="This feature contains the JRE bundle." Display="0" Level="1" Directory_="APPDIR" Attributes="8" Components="AI_ExePath AST4 Abidjan Adak Adelaide Aden Amsterdam Antananarivo Apia Azores Beulah Buenos_Aires CET CIEXYZ.pf COPYRIGHT Casey GMT Indianapolis InstallLanguage JAWTAccessBridge.dll JavaAccessBridge.dll JdbcOdbc.dll Louisville LucidaBrightDemiBold.ttf WindowsAccessBridge.dll accessbridge.jar accessibility.properties awt.dll axbridge.dll blacklist classes.jsa cursors.properties dcpr.dll decorasse.dll default.jfc deploy.dll deployJava1.dll dt_shmem.dll dt_socket.dll eula.dll ffjcext.zip fontmanager.dll fxplugins.dll glass.dll gliblite.dll gstreamerlite.dll hprof.dll installer.dll instrument.dll j2pcsc.dll j2pkcs11.dll jaas_nt.dll jabswitch.exe java.dll java_crw_demo.dll javacpl.cpl javacpl.exe javafxfont.dll javafxiio.dll javarmi.exe java.exe javaw.exe javaws.exe jawt.dll jdwp.dll jfr.dll jfxmedia.dll jfxwebkit.dll jli.dll jmxremote.access jp2iexp.dll jp2launcher.exe jp2native.dll jp2ssv.dll jpeg.dll jpicom.dll jpiexp.dll jpinscp.dll jpioji.dll jpishare.dll jqs.conf jqs.exe jsdt.dll jsound.dll jsoundds.dll jvm.cfg jvm.dll kcms.dll keytool.exe kinit.exe klist.exe ktab.exe libxml2.dll libxslt.dll management.dll mlib_image.dll msvcr100.dll msvcr100.dll_1 net.dll nio.dll npdeployJava1.dll npjp2.dll npjpi170_51.dll npoji610.dll npt.dll orbd.exe pack200.exe policytool.exe prismd3d.dll rmid.exe rmiregistry.exe servertool.exe splashscreen.dll ssv.dll ssvagent.exe sunec.dll sunmscapi.dll t2k.dll tnameserv.exe unpack.dll unpack200.exe verify.dll w2k_lsa_auth.dll wsdetect.dll zip.dll" Builds="ExeBuild_1"/>
Daniel

Hello Rohan,

I've tested the scenario, but I cannot replicate the behavior. The bundled JRE (including the "java.exe" file) was successfully installed.

Maybe you have somehow manually deleted the related file from "Files and Folder" page. Also, please keep in mind that it is not recommended at all to manually edit (e.g. in a text editor tool) the .aip (project file). In order to re-add the "java.exe" file in your project you should go to "Files and Folders" page, and manually add the "java.exe" file in the bundled JRE folder.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
shetty_rohan

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the explanation.

Following had happened
- We had a setup
- I made a copy of this, and changed the product name
- After that, I could see the java.exe in the "Files and Folder", but the same was missing in the "Organization" page.

I agree with you that we should never edit the setup.aip by hand. Used the AdvancedInstaller to edit the file which worked fine.

I did the following just now
- Clicked on this file, and moved it to "JRE Bundle" (using the "Move to Feature")

This worked fine.

Regards,
Rohan
Daniel

Hello Rohan,

I'm glad you got this working.

I'm not sure why this happened. If you could isolate the behavior in a detailed step by step test case, this would be useful.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
shetty_rohan

Sure, as of now consider that it is fixed :-)

Return to “Building Installers”