Zaheer

How to install mysql server 5.0 and Connector silently

Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:42 am

Hi I use Advance Installer 10.6 At Present i am installing mysql server 5.0 and MySQL Connecter as an Pre Requisite which
works perfectly for manual installation but as my Customers are not able to install MySQL and we are loosing our customers i
want to know how to install mysql server 5.0 and MySQL Connector Silently i have checked many threads under this forum and
tried doing it but was unsuccesfull.

I am sending the MyProduct.aip file in which i have removed some of things like my Java Product my jar files and my
mysql scripts file for the Security Reasons and Following are the things i have done:

I have created an exe file for my java project then i have created another exe for running some of the mysql scripts
through command line for that i have created an custom action named aijclw.exe in the Custom actions page
Also i am installing mysql-essential-5.0.17-win32.msi and mysql-connector.msi as an Prerequisite so that the user has
to install manually now i want my users to install both the above msi that is Sql Server and Connector silently for doing it i
have tried a lot but was unsuccesfull as i could not understand how to make it. please help me in this please check my MyProduct.aip file
in the attachments and it would be helpfull if you could please make necessary changes where i have done my .aip .
So that mysql server 5.0 and Connector can be installed silently can be installed silently also MySQL service has to be done silently.

Please Help...
Attachments
MyProduct.aip
(264KiB)Downloaded 1067 times

Daniel

Re: How to install mysql server 5.0 and Connector silently

Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:42 am

Hello,

To silently install your prerequisites you should go to "Prerequisites" page, select, in turn, your added prerequisites and in the "Install Command Lines" fields from "Setup Files" tab use the following command:

Code: Select all

/qb
Also, please take a look on the "Install and configure mysql" thread which expose how you can install and configure the MySQL service.

If you have any questions just let us know.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Zaheer

Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:30 am

Hi,... I have tried the above thing but was not successfull as somewhere it gets the problem
1. I have tried /qb in the Install Command lines but to i get UI to Install MySQL manually
2. Then i tried /qn but too it shows the problem saying Some of the things in the Package
3. Then i have tried "msiexec /i mysql-essential-5.0.17-win32.msi /qn" in Silent(UI) under install command lines
also i have tried inserting the same statement in all the 3 fields that is in FULL UI, Basic UI, Silent UI under install command lines

I have also tried "msiexec /i Product.msi /qn" but too was not successfull

I have also created an custom action with
File Path : mysqld
Command line : --install
Working Directory : ProgramFilesFolder\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin

I have also created File Launch
FileToLaunch : cmd.exe
Command Line : /c NET START mysql

and checked run as Administrator

But After Doing all these also i am unsuccessfull cud u please tell how should it be done.
Where i am doing wrong

Daniel

Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:44 am

Hello,

After further investigating the MySQL server installation and service configuration scenario I found a resolution as it follows:
1. to silently install the MySQL server you can launch, from an elevated process, its setup package by using the /qn command line
2. to configure the MySQL service you can launch the installed MySQLInstanceConfig.exe with a specific command line

Here it is a detailed step by step configuration you can implement into your project:
1. go to "Install Parameters" page and enable the "Run as administrator" option
2. go to "Prerequisites" page and add your prerequisite setups (MySQL Server and MySQL Connector/ODBC) as pre-install prerequisites
3. select, in turn, the added prerequisite items and in their "Setup Files tab -> Install Command Lines fields" add the following command:

/qn
4.go to "Custom Actions" page and add a "Launch file" custom action with sequence, scheduled as deferred with no impersonation just after "Install Execution Stage -> Add Resources" action group, configured like this:
  • File to launch:

[ProgramFilesFolder]MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\bin\MySQLInstanceConfig.exe
    Command line:

-i -q "-l[WindowsVolume]mysql_install_log.txt" "-nMySQL Server 5.0" "-p[ProgramFilesFolder]MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0" "-t[ProgramFilesFolder]MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\my-template.ini" ServerType=DEVELOPMENT DatabaseType=MIXED ConnectionUsage=DSS SkipNetworking=yes StrictMode=yes Port=3311 ServiceName=MySQL RootPassword=password
5. rebuild and test the project

Also, I've attached two sample projects (one created with AI 10.6 and the other with 12.2.1) which implement the above settings.
sample.zip
(7.33KiB)Downloaded 1472 times
The installation was successfully tested on two machines: Windows 7 x64 and Windows 8.1 x64.

If you have any questions just let us know.

All the best,
Daniel

Zaheer

Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:42 am

Hello,...
MySQL Server 5.0 is installing successfully but while installing the main application it throws
an error saying

{SQL_STATE: HY000} Cant connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
and the installation gets roll back
I think MySQLServerInstanceConfig.exe is not getting installed

I have inserted the below path in the command line

-i -q "-l[WindowsVolume]mysql_install_log.txt" "-nMySQL Server 5.0" "-p[ProgramFilesFolder]MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0" "-t[ProgramFilesFolder]MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\my-template.ini" ServerType=DEVELOPMENT DatabaseType=MIXED ConnectionUsage=DSS SkipNetworking=yes StrictMode=yes Port=3306 ServiceName=MySQL
Please observe in the above command line that i have changed the Port=3306 from 3311 as you sent and as i dont want to set the password i have left the password field

Please Help,...

Zaheer

Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:27 am

Please Help in doing this

Daniel

Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:53 pm

Hello,

I'm not sure why this happens. Can you please send us the .AIP (project file) and a verbose log of the installation to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them?

All the best,
Daniel

jrahma

Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:03 pm

I have few questions here please..

After installing MySQL 8.0.17.0

I am getting all EXE files

So I guess the first to use is MySQLInstallerConsole.exe?

I tried the following for example but gets error:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MaxMon\Database\MySQL\MySQL Installer for Windows>MySQLInstallerConsole.exe install server;8.0.17.0:*:port=3306;serverid=2:type=user;username=root;password=MyPassword;role=DBA
=================== Start Initialization ===================
MySQL Installer is running in Community mode

There was an error encountered while loading the configuration and product catalog: Your installation appears to be damaged. You should uninstall and reinstall MySQL Installer for Windows.
Initialization failed. Please check the logs for more information.

Daniel

Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:15 pm

Hello,

I cannot say for sure why this happens but it looks like a corrupted MySQL installation or there is a missing dependency file of the MySQLInstallerConsole.exe file. Can you try to manually launch (e.g. within an elevated/non-elevated command prompt window) the related MySQLInstallerConsole.exe command and see if this works?

All the best,
Daniel

jrahma

Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:49 pm

It's not launching when I launch it manually.

This problem happens only when I install using Advanced Installer but when I download the file from MySQL website and launch manually it works

Daniel

Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:05 pm

Hello,

Can you please send us your .aip (project file) and a download link of its built setup package to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate this scenario?

If you cannot share with us your project file, then you can try to isolate the behavior in a buildable sample (.aip + its referenced files) which we can build and test on our side.

All the best,
Daniel

jrahma

Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:26 pm

Dear Daniel,

Here is the project:

https://www.jassimrahma.net/temp/MaxMon.zip

Thanks,
Jassim

Daniel

Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:34 pm

Hello Jassim,

Please give me a bit more time to further test and investigate on this and I will get back to you once I have a conclusion.

All the best,
Daniel

jrahma

Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:22 pm

Thanks Daniel,

All What I want is to have a complete unattended setup for the the MySQL because I want to keep the user ID and passwords and will not be shared with the users of the application

Thanks

Daniel

Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:41 am

Hello Jassim,

I tried looking over your shared project resources, but I cannot get the error you were talking about.

Could you please share with me a detailed step by step test case I should follow to replicate the issue you are facing with?

All the best,
Daniel

Return to “Building Installers”