fmh1959

Handle list of data in xml import and GUI dialog

Hi

I have a list of "connect information" in my web application (RESTAPI type).

The data is of this type (note there is no unique key)

<dataProviders>
<add source="DWHDB" plugintype="DataProviderPluginMSSQL" connectstring="Server=logis-devsql2;initial catalog=AMRCAD3DEV_LogisCAD_Dwh;User Id=XXX; Password=YYY" />
<add source="PORTALDB" plugintype="DataProviderPluginMSSQL" connectstring="Server=logis-devsql2;initial catalog=AMRCAD3DEV_LogisCAD_Portal;User Id=XXX; Password=YYY" />
<add source="CADSERVICES" plugintype="DataProviderPluginCADServices3101" connectstring="tcp://AMRCAD3dev:10015" />
<add source="AVLSERVICE" plugintype="DataProviderPluginCADAVLService" connectstring="http://amrcad3dev:13004/AVLSearch" />
</dataProviders>

Is there any best practice to handle this regarding a setup GUI for this kind of information. ?

My wish is using the import function which is very easy for specific fields, but I can't figure out to handle this for above type information.

Regards
Dan

Re: Handle list of data in xml import and GUI dialog

Hello,

Please take a look on the How do I import and edit an XML file? article that explains how to import and edit XML files into your installation project.

Let us know if that helped, otherwise please give us more details about your specific scenario.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”