h.hasenack

Attached Custom actions

Hi

I have this custom action (CreateDemoLicense.EXE) that depends on a 3rd party DLL (KeyLib.DLL).

I manage to add my custom action and call it, but unfortuately it fails because it is missing the DLL. How can I add the DLL to the installation so it is available to the EXE I call.

BGInfo: I do not want to put the EXE in the installation target folder as I call it to generate a demo license file. Hence it should only be called from within the installer.
----------------------------
Kind regards,

Hans Hasenack
S&G Asset Management
Netherlands
Eusebiu

Re: Attached Custom actions

Hi Hans,

If you call your EXE file through the "Launch attached file" custom action, you can go in the "Files and Folders" page and add your DLL file in the "Windows Volume -> Temporary" folder using the "Temporary Files" toolbar button.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
h.hasenack

Fixed!

As it turned out I had to add the DLL as well as the EXE to the "Windows Volume/Temporary" folder as temporary filesd, and than use "Launch EXE with working directory" to get things done during script execution.

Before, when I put the DLL in the temporary folders section, and added the EXE using "Launch attached file" it didn't work. Also I was unable to find out where the (attached) exe was unpacked vefore it was executed, and therefore unable to add the DLL to the correct folder.

But anyway, the problem was fixed now.
----------------------------
Kind regards,

Hans Hasenack
S&G Asset Management
Netherlands
Eusebiu

I'm glad the problem is solved.

Just let us know anytime you need help.

Best regards,
Eusebiu