mdayanand

Installer Launch condition is failing.

Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:52 am

Hello Advance installer forum.

I am creating the 32-bit installer using Advance Installer 12.5.

Prerequisites set are:
32 bit JRE 8 and 64 bit JRE 8 set as prerequisites and respective .exe are placed in the setup file path.

While installing the application,I can able to set[using check box control] 32bit JRE and 64-bit JRE as prerequisites for application but If I go ahead installation with only 64-bit JRE selection, installation is throwing error "XXXX cannot be installed on systems with JRE version lower than 7" and aborting the installation.

Please suggest me the solution.

Dan

Re: Installer Launch condition is failing.

Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:26 am

Hello and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

I'm not sure why you encountered the this behavior.
In order to have a better view about this, can you please send us the .AIP (project file) and a verbose log of the installation process to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it? If it contains confidential information you can send us a small test project which reproduce this behavior.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Dan

Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:50 pm

Hello,

I've tested your scenario and replicated the described behaviour. However, this is happening because we match the JRE version with the package type (e.g. X64 or X86 bit). Predefined Launch Conditions for JRE tests the version of JRE(32 or 64) that matches the package type(32 or 64).

In this case, you can:
  • 1) edit the launch condition in the Launch Condition table from the Table Editor page with the following condition:

Code: Select all

(AI_DETECTED_JRE32_VERSION >= AI_REQUIRED_JRE_VERSION) OR (AI_DETECTED_JRE64_VERSION >= AI_REQUIRED_JRE_VERSION)

Code: Select all

AI_DETECTED_JRE32_VERSION >= "1.7") OR (AI_DETECTED_JRE64_VERSION >= "1.7")
This properties will be set automatically by the installer during runtime.
Please let me know if you need any help.

Best regards,
Dan

time_lord

Tue May 23, 2017 7:29 am

Hi, I am having the same problem, using AI 14.0.
I've created a prerequisite for java 8. Under 'Install Conditions' I added 'based on conditions a 'Registry SubKeys Enumeration' set to 'HKLM\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment', minimum 1.8.
I test with 'evaluate' which detects '1.8 ; 1.8.0_131', result 'SUCCESS'.
However when I try to run this installer project it reports '... cannot be installed on systems with JRE version lower than 8'.

I've just found this thread. I followed the suggestion to define a custom launch condition (BTW, should that say "1.8", not "1.7"?), ok. But when I go to 'Custom Behaviour', there is no 'Table Editor'. (I assume it's meant to be under 'Custom Behaviour'?)
Is this licence-restricted? We have a Java licence.

Please help! I've been trying to fix this all afternoon!

time_lord

Tue May 23, 2017 7:37 am

Oh, and one other issue related to this - I ticked the box 'Continue with main installation even if the prerequisite is not installed', but the installer stops anyway when it does not detect the version correctly. Shouldn't it continue anyway?

Actually, this has become critical - I have removed the prerequisite (and custom launch condition) so I can continue working on the rest of the installer... and I am still getting '... cannot be installed on systems with JRE version lower than 8'!! So now my project is broken and I'm screwed?!?

Daniel

Fri May 26, 2017 11:15 am

Hello,

This may happen if you added as a launch condition the JRE 8 version. Please note that the launch conditions are evaluated at the very beginning of the setup package and if they are not fulfilled the installation is blocked. Can you please go to "Launch Conditions" page -> "Software" tab and make sure no JRE launch condition is configured for your setup package? If this still doesn't help, then please send us the AIP (project file) and a verbose log of the installation to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate its settings.
I've just found this thread. I followed the suggestion to define a custom launch condition (BTW, should that say "1.8", not "1.7"?), ok. But when I go to 'Custom Behaviour', there is no 'Table Editor'. (I assume it's meant to be under 'Custom Behaviour'?)
Is this licence-restricted? We have a Java licence.
Yes, our "Table Editor" feature is available only starting with the "Enterprise" edition of Advanced Installer.
Oh, and one other issue related to this - I ticked the box 'Continue with main installation even if the prerequisite is not installed', but the installer stops anyway when it does not detect the version correctly. Shouldn't it continue anyway?
This option is intended only for prerequisites. After a prerequisite is installed the setup package check its install conditions to see if they are fulfilled, and if not the setup package interprets this as a failure.

Since you are new, I highly recommend you read our tutorials for a better understanding of how to use Advanced Installer to efficiently deploy your products. This will also help you better understand support team's suggestions now and in the future. The Simple and Professional tutorials are especially important.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team

piotrek

Wed May 31, 2017 9:30 pm

Hello Daniel,

You said:
This may happen if you added as a launch condition the JRE 8 version. Please note that the launch conditions are evaluated at the very beginning of the setup package and if they are not fulfilled the installation is blocked.
I'm using AI 14.0.2, License type: Java
I do have 32bit and 64bit JRE 8 on my system and I have added JRE 8 under "Launch Conditions". The below is from the installation log file.
MSI (c) (98!38) [15:19:00:972]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding AI_DETECTED_JRE32_VERSION property. Its value is '1.8'.
MSI (c) (98!38) [15:19:00:972]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding AI_DETECTED_JRE64_VERSION property. Its value is '1.8'.
Why is the AI failing with the message:
...cannot be installed on systems with JRE version lower than 8
Is this a AI software defect?

Daniel

Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:21 am

Hello,

Can you please send us the .AIP (project file) and a verbose log of the installation to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them?

If you cannot share with us your project file, then you can try to isolate the behavior in a buildable sample (.aip + its referenced files) which we can build and test on our side.

All the best,
Daniel

Eusebiu

Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:02 pm

Hi,

I tested the project you sent us and I was able to reproduce the problem. It seems that it appears only when "Mixed 32/64-bit package" option is selected in the "Install Parameters" page. A fix will be available in a future version of Advanced Installer.

Meanwhile, you can use the following custom launch condition to check if the required JRE version is installed on the machine: AI_DETECTED_JRE_VERSION = "1.8"

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team

time_lord

Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:23 am

Hi, regarding "A fix will be available in a future version of Advanced Installer" - do you have a plan for when this might be?
We had to revert to old installers (of our product) for several weeks. I have now returned to this project and need to get this 32/64 bit stuff working. We need to know (during copy files stage) whether to copy 32 or 64-bit dlls (which depends on which JVM is used), and I struck several problems in the past, this launch condition problem just one thrown into the mix!

[BTW, we're not 'new' (this installer project started in much earlier days of AI - v2.x or v3.x or so), so some of our problems might have emerged out of a time when AI was much simpler and there were less options... and it may be also I am doing things wrong!!]

Also revisiting the prerequisites vs launch conditions - we did used to have JRE5 in the latter, but is JRE8 now. I had thought we could do without the JRE launch condition if the prerequisite step is working ok... but if it doesn't then we need to fallback custom launch condition anyway (to ensure java 8 is on the system), i.e (AI_DETECTED_JRE_VERSION >= "1.8") OR (AI_DETECTED_JRE64_VERSION >= "1.8")
I guess we need this now anyway, because we need to run a java app (compiled for java 8) in a custom action later on (I have a problem with that, but that's a new thread).

Daniel

Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:05 pm

Hello,

Unfortunately we cannot give you any ETA for the moment, but as soon as a fix will be available we will update this thread.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Daniel

Dan

Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:24 pm

Hello,

This was fixed in version 14.5 of Advanced Installer released on November 27th, 2017.

Best regards,
Dan

Return to “Building Installers”