lignumsoft

Backup in ZIP actual install file

Hello again

Also don't find the answers for this type of backup.

I want to backup files before install update ( by updater - updater override all files ). But I don't want to backup all but only this files which will be override.

Eg. I have in my updater files.

adam.txt
claudia.txt
mark.tx

In source dir where will be install I have

adam.txt
mark.txt
DON'T have claudia.txt

So I want that updater pack to ZIP only adam.txt and mark.txt and copy to Folder BACKUP_[NAME_OF_VERSION]

So updater must check what file he have compare to this from source. Take to ZIP only this which will be ovverided, then install new files.

I fight with demo few days now buy full Professional and still totally don't know how to create it.

Can somebody help me whit this step by step.

Adam
Daniel

Re: Backup in ZIP actual install file

Hello Adam and welcome to our forums,

I'm afraid we don't have any built-in support for this. The only way you could do that is by writing your own custom action which will zip the desired files and backup them into a backup location during upgrade installation.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
lignumsoft

Uff

Thanks Daniel for answer. But I think I am not able create custom action. Ok maybe ZIP is a problem - maybe just copy file will be possible
Daniel

Hello,

Copying the file in a backup location should be possible. For this you can use our "File Copy Operation" support. However, please keep in mind that the file copy operation should be added in the old version of your product setup and should be configured to run on a component uninstall.

This is because during an upgrade installation the file copy operations are done during the "MoveFiles" actions which is executed after the old product version is uninstalled, thus the old files removed.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”