mathiaso

Enabling localization on registry causing all keys to be localized

Hello,

I have enabled localized registry (Translations-Project Strings-Specify project segments for translations) to have different values in a few registry keys for the different languages in my setup.

However, this causes all of my registry in the setup to be localized and not installed if I do not localize them in Project strings. Is there a way to exclude all except the keys I need to be translated. I have tried to go into the "Registry" in setup and click properties and right click on the "Path" and choose localization, and then select "Never translate this string".

This works, but since i have .net components registered I have many keys with many values and if I need to go everyone of these it will take forever. I cannot see that it inherits the "never translate...", it only seem to affect that key or value.

Best regards,
Mathias Olsson
Eusebiu

Re: Enabling localization on registry causing all keys to be localized

Hi Mathias,

If you want to localize only some specific registry entries you can use only the "Localization..." option for those entries, then select the "Always translate this string -> Using specified localization identifier" options in the "Registry" page.

In this case the "Specify project segments for translations" option should not be used anymore and only those specific registry entries should be translated in the "Project Strings" tab.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
mathiaso

That worked great! Thank you for awesome support.

Best regards,
Mathias Olsson
Eusebiu

You're welcome Mathias. I'm glad I could help.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”