ArieSmit

Using AutoUpdater, check who has updated

Hello all,

is there a way to find out who has updated succesfully using the autoupdater facility?
So basically we want to see if users have updated out software and when.

tnx in advance,

Regards

Arie
Dan

Re: Using AutoUpdater, check who has updated

Hi Arie,

Note that you can use the Send install information to your web server custom action to collect installation data and send it to your web server for processing. For details, please take a look on the How do I collect installation data and send it to my web server? article.

By the way, you might be interested by the Installer Analytics. Installer Analytics is a feature from Advanced Installer, available for all editions, sold as a separate subscription.

Ready to be included in your installers with just a single click, it is the only dedicated Windows Installer Analytics platform on the market. It includes automated installer instrumentation, 24/7 data gathering and a website to present your data in an intuitive and easy to understand manner.

To visually discover this feature, please take a look on the Installer Analytics video. Also, to see the available reports in Installer Analytics, please take a look on the Installer Analytics Reports forum thread. Any question you may have regarding Analytics, please see the Installer Analytics FAQ section.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
ArieSmit

Hello Dan,

tnx for the info, the analytics looks promising. Does this also works for VSTO apps this also because I don't see the package definitions in my project,
Also the uninstall questions are they asked automatically ie you put in the questions on the website of analytics?

regards

Arie
Dan

Hi Arie,
tnx for the info, the analytics looks promising. Does this also works for VSTO apps this also because I don't see the package definitions in my project,
Yes, you can enable the Analytics for VSTO apps as well.
Also the uninstall questions are they asked automatically ie you put in the questions on the website of analytics?
Yes, you can customize the uninstall survey with your own messages. In the Settings tab from the Uninstall Survey view you can configure the reasons that your users will be able to choose.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”