Rival

Need basic run down on how to get AI to send a serial key validation request on the event of the user using the RegDLG

Hello,

My program is downloaded in full, with a trial period. After the trial period (Or any time during it), the user will be able to register the program.

The method in which the user registers the program, will be through clicking "Register" on the dialog box invoked by the code form the Trial.DLL function named "DisplayRegistrationDlg" as found in the example code in the documentation.

I already have the server set up just like the example code .php to create a mysql database, and fill it with two examples and wait for a POST to respond to.

I've already confirmed that .php works correctly through the "Serial Validation" checkbox and typed in the URL to our .php. So the server is ready to go.

The problem is that "Serial Validation" occurs during install. We do not want any type of serial validation during install.

We see that there are "Custom events" in Advanced Installer.

What is the step by step process to get Advanced Installer to perform the same operation as "Serial Validation" with a URL, ONLY if the user uses the RegisterDLG found in the Trial.dll. I want the user to pay for the key, come back to the program, click a "Register now!" option in the program, invoke the box, type in the key, have the key talk to our .php server, and have the server respond to the program accordingly.

I just can't figure out this custom event thing.

Is anyone here? I've tried emailing support, and got zero response. I'm timed constrained and need help soon.
Rival

Re: Need basic run down on how to get AI to send a serial key validation request on the event of the user using the RegD

Is this company still in business?

What is going on here? I see no responses from a help representative in any of the recent threads, and you guys definitely do not respond to emails.
Rival

Re: Need basic run down on how to get AI to send a serial key validation request on the event of the user using the RegD

I've about lost my mind with this product. I've been at this all day with no solution in sight.

"Use Serial Validation" FORCES a registration dialog box to appear upon first initial installation. Okay, that's fine, I don't want that, it completely renders the point of a trial useless, why did they make it like this? Don't know! So let's not use Package Serial Validation then, I'm sure there's a different way to go about this right?... Right?

So then I go down to Trial, click the Registration Tab Click Serial Number, and type in a Server URL...

What happens then?

Great! Thank you Advanced Installer! Exactly what I wanted!

/s

But seriously,

The way it invoked a Registration during install even though I didn't want it to, is what I want it to do when the user decides to register their product. That method correctly contacts my servers, has the .php query the sql database and responds with a yes or no. PERFECT! Just happens in the wrong place.

Why has this entire experience been nothing but frustration so far? Why is none of this clearly detailed out in the documentation? The documentation explains things out of context heavily. Nothing makes any sense, I'm looking for actual human Support. Are you guys there?

I want to go from:
download -> Trial period -> Register product online -> Full program.

Advanced Installer wants to force me to:
Download -> Register Product online -> ??no trial period?? -> Full program

I've tried enabling "Use Serial Validation" and deleting the "UserRegistrationDlg" that has no place in a trial install UNLESS the user explicitly chooses to register.
No luck, can't delete the dialog.

Through some magical means, I'm supposed to get Advanced Installer to send information through a "POST"? How?! That isn't explained anywhere on how to do either in code or out!!

I've tried creating a custom event and sending the information listed in that documentation, the Serial Number, Username, Company, etc.

The event won't fire on registration. It never fires. Under any circumstance.

Why oh why can't I get this button to do what I want?

If the user clicks that, I just want it to POST to our www.url.com/validate.php, get a response, and move on from there. That's all I want!
Eusebiu

Hi and welcome to Advanced Installer forums.

I apologize for the delayed reply. Yesterday we had a day off here due to a national holiday.

Please note that the "Package Serial Validation" and "Trial & Registration" features are actually two different things. The "Package Serial Validation" option allows you to add a serial number protection for your package while the "Trial & Registration" option allows your users to evaluate your product before purchasing. If you want to allow the users to test your package before buying it, you only need to use the "Trial & Registration" option.

In order to see how to configure your product to use this option you can follow the "Integrate licensing feature in VB projects" tutorial and also watch the "Trial and Registration support - Licensing library" video.
If the user clicks that, I just want it to POST to our http://www.url.com/validate.php, get a response, and move on from there. That's all I want!
To achieve this you can carefully read and follow the "How to configure a PHP or ASP.NET license server for my application" tutorial.

Just let us know if you need more details.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Rival

We got it working. Had to combine the PhP code from two separate samples to forge it into the result we needed.

Thanks.
Eusebiu

You're welcome. I'm glad you got this working.

Just let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
carter

hi how is it going? I am having his very same issue, can you guys help me out? Thank you
Eusebiu

Hi and welcome to our forums.

As mentioned in a previous post, if you want to allow the users to test your package before buying it, you only need to use the "Trial & Registration" option. No serial number will be requested during the installation of your product if you uncheck the "Use Serial Validation" option from the "Package Serial Validation" view.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
carter

hey whatsup Dude I did that by the way I downloaded a sample but the trial GUI doesnt show up! I did that many times but no success =(
thats really weird! I need help on this one
Eusebiu

Hi,

Please watch the "Trial and Registration support" video to see how you can configure this support in your application.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
carter

I have been calling everyday 3 times a day in the morning, in the afternoon, 
at night no one is there to pick up the phone and provide a single decent support.

Is this a kind of a joke? Is this how you guys treat people, customers and investors?
if you search around, we dont seem to be the only one having issues with your company,
it has been almost a month and our team are still having the same issues and no one is there to help or provide decent support.

Your resources dont have enough instructions, your phone number doesnt work and that guy
answering the email is not helping either. Regarding the lack of decent support, before giving up to buying your product
which is thousands of dollars and before moving to our next option in the market, for the last time!

1.is there someone capable of helping with our trial issue?
2. is there anyone to pick up the phone is the sales support?
3.is there someone which will provide effective instructions?
4.is there support to solve our problem and justify our investiment in your product
for our company in the United States Florida. We are looking forward to receive a nice support but if it proves to be very time consuming for you guys
or there is not anyone there, just say...and we will find our way. Thank you

Not a good customer experience so far

Respecfully Carter Queiroz
Co-founder & Coordinator at AvidWaves USA Technologies
Eusebiu

Hi Carter,

I'm very sorry for all the challenges that you are facing during the development of your installer.

Please note that our support hours are only available weekdays between 7 AM and 4 PM GMT (6 AM - 11 AM ET). Existing customers with a valid maintenance plan can contact us to address any support questions they may have. Since answering installer questions takes time, we usually reply in an email. Research must be done, issues are reproduced, answers are looked up, etc.

Now, what can we do for you here on support?

We can help you with information for hints and guidance when you create your installation package but we cannot create from scratch the installation package for you.

We have Tutorials and How-To's which can give you a starting point in order to create your installation package and for problems which you encounter we can advice you how to pass over.

So, if you encounter any difficulties in implementing your installation scenario just send us a description of your installation scenario and we will gladly try to guide you.

Also, we don't like to have a customer that is not convinced that Advanced Installer is the right tool from them. This is why we offer 30 days of free trial with the possibility of an extension for another 30 days. You should have enough time to see if you can implement your scenario with Advanced Installer.

Best regards,
Eusebiu

Return to “Building Installers”