To achieve what you want you can use an edit box control to subscribe to the "Display action text during install"
event. This event will set the current action data in the property of the above edit box. Then, you can simply access within your own custom action the edit box property whenever you want during installation progress. Please take a look on our "Access installer property using custom actions"
Here is how you can proceed:
1. go to "Dialogs" page and add an edit box control (EDIT_PROP) on "ProgressDlg" dialog
2. in its "Subscribed Events" tab add an event like this:
- Subscribe to: Display action text during install
Attribute to set: PropertyValue
3. set the "Visible" attribute of the above edit bix to "False"
4. create and use your own custom action to access the "EDIT_PROP" property value during the installation progress
If you have anyq uestions just let us know.
All the best,