rileydog

old version of an installer package on new version of AI

Hi,

My license to AI expired in 2007. so the installer packages I built back then won't open in the latest version (I downloaded the test). I was told I had to use an older version of AI.

1) can packages from this old be upgraded into the newest version of AI? If so, how?
2) could I get screen shots even, then I could manually rebuild once I saw what I did.

thanks for any idea.
Bogdan

Re: old version of an installer package on new version of AI

Hi,

We do support upgrading projects from older versions into our most recent one. However, your situation is different because
you are trying to jump directly from a version that is over 10 years old.

To do this I suggest you try incremental migrations. First you upgrade to a version from 2010 (AI version 8.0) for example, then to a version
from 2013 (AI version 10.0) and then to our latest version. This should be supported.

After you migrate the project please execute a complete set of tests on all the platforms where you plan to release it
and in all the scenarios you know off. A lot has changed in 10 years. Use virtual machines to speed up testing.

To download all version of AI you need to renew you license. Once you renew it, on your license information
page from our website you can find a combo in the lower side of the page, from where you can select which ever
version you want to download. Side by side installation is supported by Advanced Installer.

If you have any questions along the way, let us know.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Mitrache - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”