hernandez

Building an installer using Visual Studio and AI

Hi,
we're testing AI to see if satisfies our needs right now.

We're trying to use the extension you created for Visual Studio, but right now it's not working as expected. We need to use the "Add Project Output" functionality, I have several projects in my solution with different outputs, and I need that AI recognizes that, but every time I try to Add Project Output it keeps telling me that "Index was outside the bounds of the array".

I've tried adding the AI project after I add all the other projects. And I already went over the documentation you have about it: http://www.advancedinstaller.com/user-g ... xt-vs.html. But it didn't work for me. I even downloaded the new release 14.0.2.

I hope you can help us with this. Thanks.

Anamary

P.S.: I already attached my project in Visual Studio with the 2 versions I did with AI. Thanks again.
Project1.rar
Visual Studio project with AI extension
(239.12 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
Sorin

Re: Building an installer using Visual Studio and AI

Hello,

We have tested your Visual Studio solution and successfully ran a build operation on both Visual Studio 2015 and Visual Studio 2017.
Please make sure your Advanced Installer Visual Studio extension is enabled and updated. In order to check this please open Visual Studio, click "Tools" - "Extensions and updates". The version of Advanced Installer extension is displayed on the right pane. It should be "14.0.2".

If the extension is enabled and updated, could you reproduce this issue on other machines? If you can, please give us a more detailed test case, including the OS version and Visual Studio version.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Sorin
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
hernandez

Hello and thank you very much for the prompt response,

I can be more specific here. I have some existing projects, so what I'm trying to do is creating a project in Visual Studio with all those existing ones. One of them is a MakeFile C++ project that outputs a ZIP file, and I just realized that every time I add this project AI doesn't work properly. I'm pretty sure the problem is with that kind of projects. Do you know how can I fix that? Or maybe you have some kind of way around we can use.

This is the test I'm running right now:
Project4.rar
(22.54 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
By the way, I'm using Windows 10 and Visual Studio 2015, and I have "14.0.2" extension for AI.

Thanks. Hope you can help us with that!

Regards,
Anamary
Sorin

Hello,

We have tested your scenario on Visual Studio 2015 with Advanced Installer 14.0.2 extension and we can reproduce and confirm this issue. A fix will be available in a future version of Advanced Installer, thank you for bringing it to our attention. We will update this topic as soon as this issue will be fixed.

As a side note, it seems this issue does not affect Visual Studio 2017, if a new solution is created containing a new MakeFile (C++) project and a new Advanced Installer project. So, as a workaround you can try using VS 2017 if a VS upgrade is suitable to you.

Best regards,
Sorin
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team
Dan

Hello,

This was fixed in version 14.1 of Advanced Installer released on June 30th, 2017.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Building Installers”