mizzouse

installing registry keys based on button and checkbox

Hello, I'm having an issue with a custom dialog I made out of sequence with the installation dialog. I have 2 buttons and 2 check boxes, when you click keyboard it will select the check box under keyboard, same thing will happen with mouse. When one is clicked, the opposite checkbox will be set to {} in public events. After, the next button appears, once the next button is pressed it begins installing but this is where I'm having issues. My keyboard and mouse registry keys are both being installed even though the conditions use KEYBOARDCHECK_PROP or MOUSECHECK_PROP, I even tried adding <>"1" to each one. Then I tried, NOT KEYBOARDCHECK_PROP and same for keyboard. At that time neither installed. What am I doing wrong?
Sorin

Re: installing registry keys based on button and checkbox

Hello,

In order to condition the installation of a registry value, select it from "Registry" page and press F8. This will take you to its component in "Organisation" page. You should enter the following condition for the registry value associated with the keyboard checkbox :

Code: Select all

KEYBOARDCHECK_PROP="CheckBox"
where "CheckBox" is the selected value of the KEYBOARDCHECK_PROP checkbox.

In this way, the keyboard registry value will be installed only if the corresponding checkbox is selected.

Repeat this method for the other registry key.

If this is not helpful, please send us the .AIP (project) and a verbose log of the installation to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them.

Best regards,
Sorin
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”