zeljko92

Installer size

Hello everyone! I have a question regarding installer size. Can somebody tell me what options should I use for the most compact installer?
Eusebiu

Re: Installer size

Hi and welcome to Advanced Installer forums.

In order to obtain a smaller size for your packages, you can go in the "Builds" page and select the "Archive installation files using LZMA compression" option with the best level.

Just let me know if you have other questions.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
zeljko92

Thank you for replay.
I have one more question. I have added installation type dialog to .msi (only for me & computer wide options), but there is a problem during application upgrade to newer version. If user chooses "only for me" option when installing application for the first time, next time he tries to install newer version older one is not getting removed and there is two applications in both Add/remove programms and desktop shortcuts. It happens for both regular user and pc administrator.

*I know this is a off-topic question, I'll create new thread if needed.

Thanks in advance,
Zeljko
Eusebiu

Hi Zeljko,

I'm not sure why this happens. Can you please send me the two .AIPs (the old version and the new version) and a verbose log of the upgrade to support at advancedinstaller dot com, so I can investigate them?

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”