h353655

Launch File - hide window

I have a series of file launches at the end of my install. At the moment, I'll show them, but when I release it to the customer, I'll hide it.
However, it would be nice if I could turn them all on if something goes wrong, for instance with a command line parameter.

Is it possible to control it in any way? Getting it as input from a checkbox could also work
Sorin

Re: Launch File - hide window

Hello,

You could implement your scenario by duplicating all these custom actions, this time with "Hide program's Window" option enabled and condition these new custom actions with by a Checkbox property. You could use this condition for the new custom actions:

Code: Select all

CHECKBOX_1_PROP
In order to avoid the execution of first set of custom actions if the second set is executed, you should condition this first set as well. You could use this condition:

NOT CHECKBOX_1_PROP

In this way, if the chekbox is not enabled the first set of custom actions (with visible windows) is executed. If the checkbox is enabled, the second set of custom actions are executed (with hidden windows).

You could pass CHECKBOX_1_PROP propery as a command line argument as well. For example, you could use the following command line:

setup.msi CHECKBOX_1_PROP="CheckBox"
Best regards,
Sorin
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”