skywalker

Create folder with user rights IUSR

Hey,
I need to create a folder with IUSR rights. When I enter IUSR in the permissions, I get a security error message in the installation.

Is this somehow possible?

Second question:
How to create a folder on d:?

thanks
Sorin

Re: Create folder with user rights IUSR

Hello,

Please ensure that when setting the folder permission, the "Domain" field from the "Permission" dialog is empty. This field should be set only if the target comupter is enrolled into a domain.

Also, I recommend you to check the "Keep existing permissions" option from the "Edit Folder" dialog - "Permissions" tab, otherwise the default existing permissions on the folder location on target machine will not be inherited from parent folder. When this option is used the permissions you configure into your project are created from scratch, they are not added on top of the default inherited permissions.

If this isn't helpful, please send us the .AIP project and a verbose log of the installation to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them.
You could implement this scenario using a property based folder. This is the complete method:
1. Go to "Install Parameters" and create a new property named, for example "PATH". Enter "d:\" in its value field.
2. Go to "Files and Folders" page and create a new "Property Based" folder using PATH property.

Best regards,
Sorin
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
clint

Conditionally change the Domain field value in the Permissions dialog

Helle Sorin,

You wrote:
Please ensure that when setting the folder permission, the "Domain" field from the "Permission" dialog is empty. This field should be set only if the target comupter is enrolled into a domain.
I do have a situation where I need to set the "Domain" field when installed for a Citrix client.

How do I determine if during Install if the target comupter is part of a specific domain and then conditionally have the set to %USERDOMAIN, and if not then leave domain empty?

I guess maybe I am to use the Logon Information Dialog? Where do I find it (I don't see it under First Time Install dialogs)?

Thank you!
clint
Sorin

Hello Clint,

Advanced Installer doesn't support this behaviour.

For this you can create you own custom action.

For example, you can create your custom action as a custom action written in C# or a custom action written in C++.

You can also use the VBScript or a PowerShell custom action to implement this functionality.

This custom action could output its result into a property named, let's say "DOMAININFO". If the computer is not part of a domain, the property should be empty. You could enter "[DOMAININFO]" in the "Permissions" dialog. If the custom action doesn't detect a domain, the property being empty, no domain is used for setting the permission. Otherwise the property will be resolved to the domain name returned by your custom action, thus the permission will be set for that particular domain.

Best regards,
Sorin
skywalker

Sorin wrote:Hello,

Also, I recommend you to check the "Keep existing permissions" option from the "Edit Folder" dialog - "Permissions" tab, otherwise the default existing permissions on the folder location on target machine will not be inherited from parent folder. When this option is used the permissions you configure into your project are created from scratch, they are not added on top of the default inherited permissions.

If this isn't helpful, please send us the .AIP project and a verbose log of the installation to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them.
You could implement this scenario using a property based folder. This is the complete method:
1. Go to "Install Parameters" and create a new property named, for example "PATH". Enter "d:\" in its value field.
2. Go to "Files and Folders" page and create a new "Property Based" folder using PATH property.

Best regards,
Sorin
Ok this is working for me.

thank you Sorin!
Sorin

Hello,

You are welcome! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,
Sorin

Return to “Building Installers”