Jis

.Net framework 4.6.2 fails to install

Hi,

I am using advanced installer version 14.0.2. My application requires .Net framework 4.6.2 installed. So I tried installing it as prerequisite(pre-install and post-install), both the cases it failed, also running the framework setup as a custom action(as last step of installation). In all these cases the installation fails either saying that there is another installation going on/ the installation ends prematurely.
I thought it would be issue while adding the framework along with our application, so i tried installing a setup which has only the .net framework to be installed and nothing else. In this case also it failes for the above 2 reasons.

What is the issue here? Could someone help me out? I am stuck with this from quite many days.

Thanks in advance,
Jis.
Jis

Re: .Net framework 4.6.2 fails to install

An add on to this, when the application ends prematurely, the .Net framework gets installed, but the application fails to install.
Sorin

Hello,

Can you please send us the .AIP (project) and a verbose log of the installation to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them?

Best regards,
Sorin
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Jis

Thanks for your reply.

I have sent mail attaching the aip and log file to the support team.

Thanks in advance,
Jis.
Sorin

Hello,

We have tested on multiple machine and didn't reproduce this issue. We have been able to reproduce this issue only once, o a single machine. This was triggered by the fact that at the time of the installation Windows was installing updates silently through Windows Installer, thus an installation was in progress. This was also reproduced when installing the prerequisite manually (not by our package). Could you check if at the time your encounter this behavior, there is a msiexec.exe process running in the background with the following command line :"/V".

In this situation, there is no workaround other then waiting for the updates to finish. This is the standard Windows Installer behavior.

Best regards,
Sorin
Jis

Hi Sorin,

Yes I guess this is the issue. I am testing this more and will let you know if I run into any other issues.
Thanks a lot for your support.

Regards,
Jis.
Sorin

Hello Jis,

You are welcome! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,
Sorin
Jis

Hello Sorin,

There is a msiserver.exe running in the services. Is this the same issue you were saying?

Regards, Jis.
Sorin

Hello Jis,

Please look in Windows Task Manager, in Processes tab (not in services tab). There should be a msiexec.exe process in the list.

Best regards,
Sorin

Return to “Building Installers”