Ruben

Scheduled Task for All Users

Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:00 am

Hallo Team and Users,

wen need a scheduled task that is started everytime a users logs on.
This must work for all users on the machine.

We tried these settings: (Screenshot)

Result: The task is assigned only to the user running the installer. But not for other users.

Could the task start for any user ?

Warm Regards,
Ruben
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-29 um 09.55.23.png
Bildschirmfoto 2017-08-29 um 09.55.23.png (22.27KiB)Viewed 29319 times

Sorin

Re: Scheduled Task for All Users

Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:07 pm

Hello Ruben,

Taking into consideration your requirements I would recommend running this task on LocalSystem account. If you decide to do so, just go to "Scheduled tasks" page, double click on the task and go to "Account" tab. Leave the "User" field empty.

However, as a workaround you could configure the scheduled task to run on LocalSystem Account. In this way the task will run at every user logon but on LocalSystem account. Please note that if you configure a task to run under LocalSystem, the GUI of the application launched by the task will be hidden.

Another method would be to avoid using our "Scheduled Tasks" feature and to add a shortcut of the file launched by the scheduled task in the alluser start-up folder: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Please take a look here : How to launch application at logon/startup

Best regards,
Sorin
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Ruben

Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:31 pm

Thank you, Sorin.
We need a GUI and your second way seems simple and robust. We'll do that.

Warm Regards,
Ruben

Sorin

Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:53 am

Hello Ruben,

You are welcome! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,
Sorin
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team

vmfrt

Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:43 am

Sorin wrote:
Hello Ruben,

Taking into consideration your requirements I would recommend running this task on LocalSystem account. If you decide to do so, just go to "Scheduled tasks" page, double click on the task and go to "Account" tab. Leave the "User" field empty.

However, as a workaround you could configure the scheduled task to run on LocalSystem Account. In this way the task will run at every user logon but on LocalSystem account. Please note that if you configure a task to run under LocalSystem, the GUI of the application launched by the task will be hidden.

Another method would be to avoid using our "Scheduled Tasks" feature and to add a shortcut of the file launched by the scheduled task in the alluser start-up folder: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Best regards,
Sorin
@sorin Can you share screen shot of gui with this setting ? I want to hide my gui. Advance installer version 19.0

Catalin

Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:07 am

Hello,

If you'd like to hide the GUI, you could follow the steps provided above, namely to run the scheduled task under the LocalSystem account.

As per the following article:

Account Settings Tab
Also, if you want the task to run under the "System Account" leave the "User" and "Password" fields empty.
Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team

vmfrt

Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:50 am

Catalin wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:07 am
Hello,

If you'd like to hide the GUI, you could follow the steps provided above, namely to run the scheduled task under the LocalSystem account.

As per the following article:

Account Settings Tab
Also, if you want the task to run under the "System Account" leave the "User" and "Password" fields empty.
Best regards,
Catalin
I have tried with user and password field empty. When I run task, it's status se set Ready again instead of keep Running with Operational code 2. Any help ?

vmfrt

Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:07 am

Sorin wrote:
Hello Ruben,

Best regards,
Sorin
How to mention LocalSystem account ? Through leaving empty user and password fields ?

Catalin

Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:25 pm

Hello,
How to mention LocalSystem account ? Through leaving empty user and password fields ?
Yes.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Building Installers”