Taru

File Search

I followed the tutorial on creating professional package and i have a little problem on how to create a new file search.
when i install my package on the client machine, i still get this message "This application cannot be installed because the file "C:\example.txt" does not exist."
I created the file manually on my machine and placed it in c:\windows\system32 and the installer worked fine without any error. now my question is how do i get this file on the client machine for my package to install.
Please help
thanks
Eusebiu

Re: File Search

Hi and welcome to Advanced Installer forums.

Please keep in mind that in case a file search is set as a launch condition, that file should be available on the machine before installing the package. If it does not exist on the machine, the package cannot be installed on that machine.

Can you please give me more details about what you want to achieve, so I can think of a solution for you?

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Taru

Hello bro and thanks for attending to my post i now understand that the file needs to be installed on the client machine before the package can run. But my second problem now is when i install the professional package on my machine it works fine with my databases and all other files. But when i install it on a client machine, the installation process runs successfully but when i open the program, it opens and vanish automatically i mean the application will just flash and closes immediately. i tried it on like three machines that are running windows 7 but the same result. i don't know which settings am missing but i think there is something i did not do right
Please help
Taru
Eusebiu

Hi Taru,

Your application may not work on the other machines if some of its dependencies are not copied/registered to the right location or not copied/registered on those machines at all during the installation. In order to find the problem you can add some logs to your application that will write more details about the problem it encounters.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”