EricP

RadioButtonGroup value reset

Hello. My setup includes a dialog that presents users with a RadioButtonGroup. Depending on the option the user selects, that specific feature is installed. This works fine if users make the correct selection and click Next. However, if users make a selection, click Next, but later go back and select another option, the setup still remembers the initial selection made. It does not reset (or switch) to the new option the user selects. How can I have the RadioButtonGroup property value "reset" if the user goes back to that dialog?

Thanks in advance.
Eusebiu

Re: RadioButtonGroup value reset

Hi and welcome to Advanced Installer forums.

In order to have a better view about the configuration of your project can you please send it to me along with a verbose log of the installation to support at advancedinstaller dot com, so I can investigate them?

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
EricP

Sending the project file now. Thank you!
Eusebiu

Hi,

I tested your project and it worked as expected for me. Even if a feature was selected I could go back and select another feature, this resulting in the initial feature being deselected. However, I noticed that you use the "SetupTypeDlg" dialog which is not quite compatible with your scenario because the option you choose on it, may alter the feature selection done with the radio buttons.

For example, if you select the "Complete" option, it will check all the features regardless the radio button selected on your custom dialog. In this case, I recommend you to use the "ConfiguraDlg" dialog instead of the "SetupTypeDlg" dialog.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
EricP

Many thanks! Whenever I checked the features to be installed from the "Custom" setup selection, it would not update the selection change from the RadioButtonGroup. Switching to the ConfiguraDlg dialog does display the updated selection. Is there a dialog that displays a summary of features that will be installed instead of giving users the option to select which ones?
Eusebiu

Hi,

I'm afraid I do not fully understand your question. Can you please give me more details?

Best regards,
Eusebiu
EricP

If possible, I would like for users to see the features that will be installed but not give them the option to make changes. This is so they can verify that they selected the correct option from the RadioButtonGroup.
Eusebiu

Hi,

To achieve this, you can go in the "Dialogs" page, go to the "CustomizePage" dialog that is under the "ConfigureDlg" dialog, then select the "Quick Selection Tree" control placed on it and set the "Enabled" attribute to "False" for it.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
EricP

That works! Inquiry completely solved!
Thank you.
Eusebiu

You're welcome. I'm glad you got this working.

Best regards,
Eusebiu

Return to “Building Installers”