Bits11

Installation Package with multiple print drivers

I need to add an additional print driver to an existing advanced installer installation package. When the installation package is ran, it will install a program that will be able to communicate with the printers installed with the package.

I added another prerequisite to occur after the first driver was installed. This prerequisite points to the set exe file for the second printer. Then I added the files, (.exe, setup files, etc.)

The installation package runs without error and the program is installed on the user computer, and the driver files for each printer are found in C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\x64\3. Although, I think they are installed via USB being plugged in and not by way of the installer.

After testing the output, the last printer installed will work, meaning the application will communicate with it, but the first printer installed will not communicate with the application. There is a setting in the application to set the default printer.

Does anyone have a good reference, or advice, as to how to accomplish this? I appreciate any help. thank you.
Daniel

Re: Installation Package with multiple print drivers

Hello and welcome to our forums,

I'm afraid we are not able to help you in this regard. You should try to contact the developer of the related application and ask him about how to configure a default driver for it.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”