mtomsak

Single install package for web application for all IIS versions

With the Professional License, is it possible to create a single Web Application installation package that will work regardless of the IIS version on the machine it is being installed on?
mtomsak

Re: Single install package for web application for all IIS versions

I might have been confused.

When I created a new ASP.Net Application, one of the wizard dropdowns asked me to specify the IIS version. I was under the impression that this installation package would only work for that specific IIS version. As I have investigated further, it now appears that this dropdown is for setting up the launch condition for the minimum IIS version required.

Thus, it would appear that I can create a single installation package that will work for any version of IIS, provided the version of IIS meets the minimum launch condition. Is this correct? In other words, if I specify IIS 7.0 as minimum version, the installation package will work successfully on machines with IIS 7.0, 7.5, 8.0, 8.5 or 10.0, but will not install on a machine with IIS 6.0, correct?
Eusebiu

Re: Single install package for web application for all IIS versions

Hi,

I apologize for the delayed reply.

Yes, this is correct. The launch condition sets the minimum version of IIS required in order for the package to run.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”