deheugden

Office 2016

Guys,

I need to create an office 2016 silent installer where the licence key cannot be seen through the one who is installing.
I think creating a .exe would do, but i dont know where to start.

Anyone who can point me to a decent Office tutorial(if they exist)? Or can help me?
Thanks for the help.
Sorin

Re: Office 2016

Hello and welcome to our forums!

For your scenario you could try to use the Office 2016 Deployment Tool. Here you could find more information regarding this Microsoft tool : Configuration options for the Office 2016 Deployment Tool

Basically this tool consists of two files: an EXE and an XML config file. You can customize the Office 2016 installation by editing the config file as shown in the above articles.

For example you could use the following XML element for configuring the serial key :

Code: Select all

<Product ID="O365ProPlusRetail" PIDKEY="XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX">
The Office installation through the Deployment Tool should be done using the following command :

"setup.exe /configure configuration.xml"

So in order to implement this, you could add the exe file as a "Feature-based" prerequisite and the XML config file as an temporary file in "Files and Folders" page. Then you shoud go to "Setup Files" tab of your prerequisites and enter the following command line in all the three fields of the "Install Command Lines" section, "Full UI", "Basic UI" and "Silent (no Ui)":

Code: Select all

/configure [AI_CONFIGURATION.XML]
assuming that "AI_CONFIGURATION.XM" is the property associated to your XML config file.

Please let me know if this worked.

Best regards,
Sorin
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”