shellm

Prerequisites in Web and Offline Installer

Hello folks,

I am trying to build an Installer which installs four prerequisites (currently as feature-based, but could probably be anything else too) and some fonts.
In my offline installer (single exe with single .cab) that works fine.
Now I wanted to create a Webinstaller from that, so I created a second build, called it "WebInstaller" and pointed it to my webserver.
At that point, it installed nothing but the Fonts, which are included in the cab while all the prerequisites are .msi packets.

I found out that I have to point all of the prerequisites to the website seperately too - then everything works fine again.
However, now I can not build my offline installer because all the prerequisites point to my website rather than to the files on my disk.

Is there any way to point the prerequisites to the website for the Webinstaller - build and to the local files on my disk for the other build or do I have to create two different Project files for that?

(I am using AI enterprise)
Sorin

Re: Prerequisites in Web and Offline Installer

Hello and welcome to our Forums,
Is there any way to point the prerequisites to the website for the Webinstaller - build and to the local files on my disk for the other build or do I have to create two different Project files for that?
Yes, you can point the URL prerequisite to the webinstaller build and the prerequisites stored on disk to the other build. Here is the complete method:

- go to "Prerequisites" page and add a duplicate for each one of your existing prerequisites
- set "Download single file from URL" option for all theese new prerequisites, assuming that the old ones have "Use files from disk" option enabled
- you can specify which build will installs a prerequisite by selecting it from the list and pressing CTRL+B keys. Using this method select the webinstaller build for the url based prerequisites and the other build for the prerequisites from disk

Best regards,
Sorin
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
shellm

Thanks Sorin, that worked great!
Sorin

Hello,

You are welcome!

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,
Sorin
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”