Tushar

Code Signing Certificate Error

Hi,

I purchased Symantec's Java code signing certificate to digitally sign the components using Advanced installer. I have installed it on my system and now trying to digitally sign them but getting below error -
SigningError.png
SigningError.png (22.12 KiB) Viewed 2412 times
The procedure I am following is -
Digital Signature -->
EnableSigning.png
EnableSigning.png (17.88 KiB) Viewed 2412 times
We are using SignTool.exe from Windows 10 SDK. ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\10.0.16299.0\x64\signtool.exe")

Our Code Signing Certificate is under "Certificates - Current User" --> "Other People" --> "Certificates" folder... when looked using certmgr.msc tool.

when we are trying to use most suited certificate it is not finding it.

Could someone please tell me where am I going wrong in the process? I would appreciate a quick help.

Thanks,
Tushar
Tushar

Re: Code Signing Certificate Error

Oh well... I forgot to mention that the error is showing on Updater.exe file created using Advanced installer.
Daniel

Re: Code Signing Certificate Error

Hello,

Please note that the certificate should be imported under "Certificates - Current User" --> "Personal" --> "Certificates" node. This is the place where our application looks up for existing certificates imported into the certificates store of current user.

Also, after importing the certificate in the proper store please make sure you restart the AI application.

Let us know if this helped.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”