sbrown_el

Popup occurs during silent process

I have an installer that is giving me problems. In situations that I've yet to narrow down, an installer that is being triggered with the quiet process flag is still producing popups.

The command being executed is:

Code: Select all

Setup.exe /exenoui /qn /l*V C:\Installers\InstallSet\uninstall.log SOURCEDIR=C:\Installers\Installset\ REMOVE=ALL
The popup that shows is complaining that there is a problem with the installer package - a script required for the package can not be run. (it happens in dev.. nothing new here)

Is there any way to suppress the popup action, so that processing can continue? This is part of an automated TFS process, and is blocking the execution chain. (We have code further in the step to deal with the fact that a machine may not be able to uninstall properly.. so I dont care if the popup occurs or not.. it just cant block the the automation)
Sorin

Re: Popup occurs during silent process

Hello,

We are not sure why this error is displayed on a silent install. Please send us the .AIP project and a verbose log ( http://www.advancedinstaller.com/user-guide/qa-log.html ) of the installation to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them. Also a screenshot of this error would be very helpful.

The expected behavior in case a script fails on a silent install would be the interruption of the installation without any prompts. If you need to continue the installation even if a script fails, you could go to custom actions page, select the custom action that runs the script that fails and disable "Fail installation if custom action returns an error" option.

Best regards,
Sorin
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”