krishna.c

Outlook Addin

Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:49 pm

Hi,
I have made Outlook addin, it installs and uninstalls fine. But when I made and updater then when the update runs with new executable it makes replica of addin in outlook instead of updating the previous addin it installs second addin and so I see two addin in outlook. Please can you help me.

Daniel

Re: Outlook Addin

Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:12 pm

Hello Krishna,

This may happen if the addin is installed per-user and you use our "Updates without elevation" option of the Updater tool. In this case the updates package will be installed by the Updater under LocalSystem account and could appear duplicated in the products list.

The "Updates without elevation" option is intended only to be used for per-machine setup packages.

If this is not the case, then please send us the AIP (project file) to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate its settings.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

krishna.c

Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:13 am

Daniel wrote:Hello Krishna,

This may happen if the addin is installed per-user and you use our "Updates without elevation" option of the Updater tool. In this case the updates package will be installed by the Updater under LocalSystem account and could appear duplicated in the products list.

The "Updates without elevation" option is intended only to be used for per-machine setup packages.

If this is not the case, then please send us the AIP (project file) to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate its settings.

All the best,
Daniel
Hi Daniel,

I want to make auto updater of outlook plugin. But when I update instead of updating the previous plugin installed in outlook ribbon, I get duplicate plugin. What is the method to make updter for outlook plugin? Can you help me please as I have been trying for a long time now.

Daniel

Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:51 am

Hello Krishna,

To give you a clear solution I will need to check your setup project settings. So, can you please send us the AIPs (project files) of your old and new product version to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them?

All the best,
Daniel

krishna.c

Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:57 am

Daniel wrote:Hello Krishna,

To give you a clear solution I will need to check your setup project settings. So, can you please send us the AIPs (project files) of your old and new product version to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them?

All the best,
Daniel
Hi Daniel,

I can explain you the scenario. I have a plugin created in visual studio, I make the installer wih auto update feature, it gets installed and works fine. Now when I make changes in the code and make a fresh build in visual studio. Then I make update the version and choose option as generate new. I goto files and folders and add new build files using the wizard. and make a fresh build in advanced installer.

I create new update configuration file and add the new build. It generates new .txt file that I upload along with the updated new build in server.

When I check for update it finds new build and installs plugin but when I check outlook I find replica of my plugin instead of the plugin getting updated. The process should be that it should just update the files that are already available in location.

If you still did not get I can duplicate this scenario and send you.

Thanks,
Krishna

Daniel

Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:25 am

Hello Krishna,

Yes, please do so. If you could send us a sample replicating this behavior this will be great. This way we can fully investigate your project settings and test the scenario on our side too.

Just send us a sample (AIPs project files + their built setup packages) to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them.

All the best,
Daniel

Return to “Building Installers”