krishna.c

Bitdefender blocks EXE build

Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:55 pm

Hi,
I am using bitdefender as an antivirus. When the anti virus is active it does not allow to make a build and deletes the files as threat name: "Gen:Variant.Razy.221571. Earlier it worked fine but this started happening after few updates of Advanced Installer. How can I resolve this problem? Please guide me.

Daniel

Re: Bitdefender blocks EXE build

Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:32 pm

Hello and welcome to our forums,

We tested this using our latest version of AI but cannot replicate such false detection. Can you please let us know which version of Advanced Installer are you using? Do you get this build break using our latest version (14.4)? Also, please make sure you are using the latest virus definition update from BitDefender.

If the error still persists please send us the AIP (project file) to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate its settings. It will be very useful if you could replicate the behavior using a small sample project.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

krishna.c

Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:09 am

Daniel wrote:Hello and welcome to our forums,

We tested this using our latest version of AI but cannot replicate such false detection. Can you please let us know which version of Advanced Installer are you using? Do you get this build break using our latest version (14.4)? Also, please make sure you are using the latest virus definition update from BitDefender.

If the error still persists please send us the AIP (project file) to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate its settings. It will be very useful if you could replicate the behavior using a small sample project.

All the best,
Daniel
Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the welcome. I have updated my advanced installer to 14.4 but still I have the same Trojan detection error. This started happening when I add updater feature. For now I have added exclusion in my antivirus else it deletes the file with virus name : "GenVariantRazy.221571"

Regarding AIP, I cannot share the project but you can check with autoupdate feature.

Thanks,
Krishna

Daniel

Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:11 pm

Hello Krishna,

I've tested the scenario using a sample project configured to include our "Updater.exe" tool but no such detection was encountered. Also, scanning our "Updater.exe" on virustotal the file is labeled as CLEAN.

I'm afraid that if we are not able to replicate the false detection on our side we cannot submit any report to BitDefender. Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Daniel

krishna.c

Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:53 am

Daniel wrote:Hello Krishna,

I've tested the scenario using a sample project configured to include our "Updater.exe" tool but no such detection was encountered. Also, scanning our "Updater.exe" on virustotal the file is labeled as CLEAN.

I'm afraid that if we are not able to replicate the false detection on our side we cannot submit any report to BitDefender. Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Daniel
Hi Daniel,

Now while creating *.exe file, bitdefender does not detect as trojan.

Thanks,
Krishna

Daniel

Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:09 pm

Hello Krishna,

Thank you for your follow up on this.

All the best,
Daniel

jdixon

Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:00 pm

I have this same problem. Is there going to be a fix for this version?
Attachments
^4D999D00F18CC856B220A3BBAA4D8243B79B216E6577FC6343^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.png
^4D999D00F18CC856B220A3BBAA4D8243B79B216E6577FC6343^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.png (51.53KiB)Viewed 5669 times

Daniel

Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:42 pm

Hello,

Can you please send us the .aip (project file) by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate its settings?

Also, it will be useful if you could isolate the detection by using a small sample project built with Advanced Installer.

All the best,
Daniel

Return to “Building Installers”