valiot

Newly created users are not administrators in Windows10

Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:07 am

I created a scheduled task item that is set to run by a user account that is created upon install. However, that task doesn't run because the user account does not have enough rights to run the task. I get an error: "The user account does not have permission to run the task". However, the task has the flag set: "Run with highest privileges". Also the user account that is created is part of the administrator group.

Also, when I go check in windows to see what the user account is set to, it is set to Standard, not Administrator. However, it shows the test "Administrator" under the name, it's not an Administrator type account.

It seems like the option in the task: "Run with highest privileges". Is not behaving like the AI help suggests. The new account has admin level but the task is not run with admin level (which is the highest privilege).
Last edited by valiot on Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

valiot

Re: Newly created users are not administrators in Windows10

Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:38 am

I also tried creating the scheduled task to be run by the administrator group, but this is not an option. I can't select a group, it must be a user.

Daniel

Re: Newly created users are not administrators in Windows10

Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:13 pm

Hello,

I'm not so sure why this happens.

Can you please send us the .AIP (project file) and a verbose log of the installation to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them?

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”