ipollock

Multiple Feature Selection Using Dialogs

Ok, so i have an installer, it has two choices of install front or back chosen from a radio button group.

Front will allow you to select features 1 or 2 or 3 or any mix of these via check box
Back will allow you to select features 4 or 5 or any mix of these via check box

Once selected you progress to the features Dialogue
Here, depending on the selection above, you can choose which features to install and they will be shown depending on control conditions.
All five features are constructed as a subordinate of the Features Dialogue using the 'show only if' option and using the check box true/false variable.

This works a treat however.....

If for example I choose 'front' and want to choose features 1 and 3, i can't seem to get the installer dialogues to move from feature 1 to feature 3
before moving on to the VerifyReadyDlg. I've been trying to control this by adding the relevant feature dialogues into the subordinate and setting the argument 'Display a specific dialog' on the 'Next' button.

Does 'Update Features Install States' have anything to do with it?

Would be grateful for any insight or help.
Dan

Re: Multiple Feature Selection Using Dialogs

Hello,

I have managed to reproduce your scenario and have come up with a solution.

The problem you are facing is due to the fact that even though you have the conditions set(Show only if) which you can also see on the Feature Dialog --> Next button --> Published Events, there are no conditions set for the case in which it goes to the Feature1Dlg.

I have attached sample project where the Feature 4 5 6 radio button represents your Feature 1 2 3 case. And the Feature 1 2 3 radio button represents the fix I have implemented using the logic in the following article How to display some dialogs depending on the selected features?

Please let me know if this has resolved your issue.

Best regards,
Dan
Attachments
Multiple Feature Selection Using Dialogs.rar
(3.95 KiB) Downloaded 281 times
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
ipollock

Hi Dan,

Thanks very much i'll give that a go. I'm currently working with Advanced Installer version 12.7.2 as this is what is integrated in our SDLC Jenkins.
Would it be possible to save your example project in that version so that i may see it please?

Also, i'm attaching my model project here if you are able to see what i'm doing.
It's not a completed model and probably not flawless :)
I am redesigning an old installer which has been worked on by multiple designers over the years, each who have done things differently and where the main issue is that the logic variable names are very long and prevent some logic being included (due to the logic field length).

Thank you.

Ian
Attachments
AI Dialogue Progression - phase 2.aip
Dialogue progression Model for new project.
(55.87 KiB) Downloaded 263 times
Dan

Hi Ian,

After reviewing your project it seems that I managed to catch the logic with the sample, although the implementation differs a bit.
Here is the sample project for version 12.7.2 of Advanced Installer.

Best regards,
Dan
Attachments
Multiple Feature Selection Using Dialogs 12.7.2.rar
(3.62 KiB) Downloaded 277 times
ipollock

Hi Dan,

Thanks very much for your help - it took a bit to get the hang of it but that works a treat.
Noted that the whole process only works correctly when both the Next and Back button Published Events are in place.
(I had tried everything to insert the dialogs in the lower levels before realising that they automatically get inserted when the event is updated)

I still have a bit of work on this one to complete so i'll get on with it and if I get stuck, i know where you are.

Thanks again.

Ian
Dan

You're welcome Ian,

Should there be any difficulty you encounter implementing something, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will gladly assist.

Best regards,
Dan

Return to “Building Installers”