BobD

Prereq install files being placed in root of C:

Does anyone know why my prerequisite install files are being placed in the root of C:?

I can see in the msiexec log a change being made to the AI_PREREQDIRS property.

Action ended 12:55:54: InstallExecute. Return value 1.
MSI (s) (A4:E8) [12:55:54:515]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL: C:\Windows\Installer\MSIEFD8.tmp, Entrypoint: ConfigurePrereqLauncher
MSI (s) (A4!38) [12:55:54:531]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding AI_PREREQDIRS property. Its value is 'C:\GLG'.
Action start 12:55:54: AI_ConfigureChainer.
MSI (s) (A4!38) [12:56:00:516]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding AI_PREREQFILES property. Its value is 'C:\GLG\GLG SQL Management Studio\prerequisites\SSMS-Setup-ENU.exe'.
MSI (s) (A4!38) [12:56:00:594]: PROPERTY CHANGE: Adding AI_PREREQ_CHAINER property. Its value is 'C:\GLG\GLG SQL Management Studio\prerequisites\aipackagechainer.exe'.
MSI (s) (A4:90) [12:56:00:609]: Doing action: AI_LaunchChainer
Action ended 12:56:00: AI_ConfigureChainer. Return value 1.

I am trying to create a package to install SQL Management Studio - 17.3 via msi so we can deploy through our MDM. The exe is running as a post-install, silently using these switches: /install /quiet /norestart /log "C:\temp\SSMS\ssmsInstallLog.txt". When the msiexec command is ran it is done so under the Local SYSTEM user account so I'm not sure it's a permissioning issue. I expect the files to be placed in C:\Program Files (x86)\GLG\GLG SQL Management Studio\. Can I specify this path somewhere in my advanced installer project?
Daniel

Re: Prereq install files being placed in root of C:

Hello and welcome to our forums,

To configure the prerequisites extraction path just go to "Prerequisites" page. Then select the "Packages" tree node in the middle pane. In the right pane set the "Download/extraction folder:" field to a path to be resolved as per you needs.

Please note this is the path where the prerequisite setup is extracted to, by the main setup package at install time. After being extracted there the prereq setup will be launched for installation from there. This is not the path where the prereq will be installed to.

If you have any questions let us know.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”