Collins

Remove VerifyReadyDlg

Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:12 pm

I'm trying to build an installer and I want to remove the Verify Ready dialog so it goes directly to Progress(install). I copied all the events from the install button, including everything under "Show all events" to the next button of the FolderDlg, updated it to display "install" and then removed the VerifyReadyDlg. The problem is, every time I try to build it, it throws an exception about a ControlEventId; see attached build error file. I also attached a screen shot of all the events for the Install button. When I add the VerifyReadDlg back, it builds without the error. Did I miss something?
Attachments
Publish Events.png
Publish Events.png (47.59KiB)Viewed 3246 times
BuildError.png
BuildError.png (5.46KiB)Viewed 3246 times

Eusebiu

Re: Remove VerifyReadyDlg

Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:57 am

Hi,

This problem appears because, most likely, some events gets duplicated on the "Next" button of the "FolderDlg" dialog. Please keep in mind that you do not need to manually copy any predefined event from the "Install" button of the "VerifyReadyDlg" dialog on the "Nxt" button of the "FolderDlg" dialog. Can you undo your modifications, then simply remove the "VerifyReadyDlg" dialog and see if it works?

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Collins

Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:15 pm

Thank you, that worked. Does the folder dialog not need the "out of disk space" since it's no longer under VerifyReady dialog? and I also removed the Welcome Dialog.

Eusebiu

Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:47 am

You're welcome. I'm glad you got this working.

The "OutOfDiskDlg" dialog is still needed on the "Next" button of the "FolderDlg" dialog and it should be added automatically when you remove the "VerifyReadyDlg" dialog. Wasn't it added in your case?

Best regards,
Eusebiu

Collins

Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:47 pm

It actually did, but it didn't show it until I closed the project and opened it up again. Thanks again.

Eusebiu

Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:33 pm

You're welcome. I'm glad everything is good now.

Best regards,
Eusebiu

Return to “Building Installers”