jdjames13

How to do a prerequisite installer only?

Hi all

Currently on a trial of Advanced Installer enterprise edition for our company and looking to have an installer set which installs a set of executable's and c++ redistributes and that is it.

What i am getting is the .exe installer keep prompting to install my prerequisites even though it has already installed once before (aka the box never disappears once i press finish it pops back up).
Daniel

Re: How to do a prerequisite installer only?

Hello and welcome to our forums,

Thank you for giving Advanced Installer a trial.

Do you mean that the prerequisite install dialogs (the ones displayed by the EXE setup when prompting to install prerequisites) are always displayed each time you launch your setup package? Or are they being displayed before/during setup package installation and also after the setup installation (i.e. when you press [Finish] button)?

Could you please send us your AIP (project file) to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate its settings and also a screenshot with the prerequisite dialog appearing when it should not?

As a side note, please check the prerequisite installation conditions you set for your prerequisite in "Prerequisites" page -> "Install Conditions" tab. These conditions are used twice: firstly to check if the prerequisite should be installed, and if so, secondly to check if the prerequisite was installed successfully (i.e. now the conditions should be fulfilled). A wrong prerequisite install condition (i.e. one which always fails and is not fulfilled even when the prerequisite is already installed) could trigger a prerequisite always selected for installation behavior.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”