h353655

Parameters won't be set from command prompt

I have some properties that are UI properties and all-upper case. I would assume, that these should be possible to set from the command line.
That seems to be partially true. If I run things without /qn, I can see the text fields being filled with the values supplied in the command prompt. However, if I use /qn, they all end up blank in the config file of my app where they are ultimately used.

I have one called SQLCONNSTR_SERVER, which, when I hit next, is filled with a combination of various text fields to end up making up a connection string.

I've tried both to set SQLCONNSTR_SERVER and the other fields that make up a connection string like: Server=[SERVER_PROP],[PORT_PROP];Initial Catalog=[DATABASE_PROP];User ID=[USERNAME_PROP];Password=[PASSWORD_PROP];

But the damn thing still ends up blank, and I wonder why.

I've added the AIP to give a people a chance to see what I may have done wrong.
Attachments
VCP Server Setup.aip
(346.94 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
Eusebiu

Re: Parameters won't be set from command prompt

Hi,

The problem appears because you only set the "SQLCONNSTR_SERVER" property on one of your dialogs, but when the package is launched in silent mode, the dialogs are not displayed and and the events they contain are not executed, so that property is not set.

In order to set that property in silent mode too, you can go in the "Custom Actions" page and add a "Set installer property" custom action on the "Install Execution Stage" section.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”