NovaES

[Help] Use the architect update system

Hello,

I would like to know how I can configure and create the installer update system, so it is silent and automatically download and update the new patches.

Secondly, I would like to know how I can create the link on the server and what data I have to specify to detect the new versions.

Third, how can I create these little patches or a complete update of the whole package.

Thank you.
Eusebiu

Re: [Help] Use the architect update system

Hi,
I would like to know how I can configure and create the installer update system, so it is silent and automatically download and update the new patches.
In order to install updates silently, you can implement the solution described in the "How to handle updates without elevation" article.
Secondly, I would like to know how I can create the link on the server and what data I have to specify to detect the new versions.
Firstly, you need to create a new version of your application and upload it on your server, then create an Updates Configuration project that will contain an entry with the details about that version.

Please take a look on the "Deploying Updates" tutorials for more details.
Third, how can I create these little patches or a complete update of the whole package.
The "Authoring a Windows Installer patch" tutorial describes how you can create a patch. A major upgrade is created by adding the new files to the project, increasing its version and then building it.

Let me know if this helped, otherwise give me more details about your scenario.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”