Sehremis

IIS ~ Configuring ASP.NET .NET Error Pages

Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:27 am

Hello everyone,

my Advanced Installer project is coming along nicely. However, just now, I've run into something that I can't figure out how to do.

During the installation, the installer correctly set ups an IIS web page, and that web page works just fine, running an ASP service.

However, now I want to add a custom .NET Error Page. Advanced Installer provides an option to create normal Error Pages, however, I can't figure out how to make it create entries for the .NET Error Page feature found in the ASP.NET section.
2018-01-26 IIS .NET Error Pages Configuration.png
2018-01-26 IIS .NET Error Pages Configuration.png (105.96KiB)Viewed 8292 times
Specifically, the steps I still have to do manually at this point are: Is there any way to do this directly using Advanced Installer? And if not, is there a way to do it, say, by PowerShell script?

Thanks in advance,
Kira Resari

Daniel

Re: IIS ~ Configuring ASP.NET .NET Error Pages

Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:44 am

Hello Kira,

Unfortunately we do not have built it support for this. I've added this improvement on our todo list and hopefully we will develop it in the future. We will update this thread when such improvement will be available.

Until then as a workaround, you can use our "Custom Properties" support to defined the >Net Error Pages. Here are the steps to proceed with:

1. download the attached "NetFx40_IIS_schema_update.xml" file and replace it in the Advanced Installer installation folder:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\Caphyon\Advanced Installer 14.5.2\resources\iiscustomproperties\definition
just replace the existing one with the one downloaded from this thread
NetFx40_IIS_schema_update.xml
(3.43KiB)Downloaded 650 times
2. restart Advanced Installer and open your project

3. go to "IIS" page and select the "Custom Properties" tab of your web site
4. add a new attribute and collection item as you can see in the attached sample project (created with AI 14.5.2)
sample.aip
(16.9KiB)Downloaded 582 times
5. rebuild and test your setup project

Let us know if this helped.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Catalin

Re: IIS ~ Configuring ASP.NET .NET Error Pages

Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:57 pm

Hello Kira,

This improvement has been added in version 18.8 of Advanced Installer, released on October 20th, 2021.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”