Sehremis

Setting permitions for different language versions of Windows fails

Hello everyone,

I have an Advanced Installer project that works just fine on an English installation of Windows Server 2012 R2.

Among other things, it adds permissions to the Installation Paths so our services can access it. Ideally, I would like to add permissions to "NetworkService", but since that isn't listed as an option in the Permission Dialog, I have instead used "Network Configuration Operators".

So far so good, and on English versions of Windows, it works just fine.

However, on German versions of Windows, the following error message is displayed during the installation:

Code: Select all

---------------------------
An error occurred while applying security settings. Network Configuration Operators is not a valid user or group. This could be a problem with the package, or a problem connecting to a domain controller on the network. Check your network connection and click "Retry", or "Cancel" to end the install.       
Wiederholen   Abbrechen   
The same thing also happens with other predefined users. And when I change the user to match the German equivalent, it does work on the German machines, but no longer on the English ones.

Is there a way to remedy this without having to use custom scripts?

Thanks in advance,
Kira Resari
Bogdan

Re: Setting permitions for different language versions of Windows fails

Hi Kira,

We now automatically localize the most used user/group accounts, so you can use the property corespondent to the targeted user/group from the linked article.

I believe the property GRP_NETWORK_CONFIGURATION_OPS is the one you should be using.

Best regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Mitrache - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”