shaileshsathe

prerequisite installation sequence

Hi,
I am evaluating trial version of advanced installer for my java application software.I have put pre-required software in Prerequisite preinstall like 1) Microsoft Visual c++ redistributable 32 bit 2) Microsoft Visual c++ redistributable 64 bit 3)My SQL Installer community 4) My sql workbench that should be installed in sequence before main installation.However while installing 1) Microsoft Visual c++ redistributable 32 bit 2) Microsoft Visual c++ redistributable 64 bit installs in sequence but for installer community and workbench installation popup appears at the same time.It should first install Mysql installer community then after completing it, it should proceed for workbench.Can you please tell me where I am missing?
Eusebiu

Re: prerequisite installation sequence

Hi and welcome to Advanced Installer forums.

Thank you for your interest in Advanced Installer.

I'm not sure why this happens. Can you reproduce this on multiple clean machines?

Normally, each prerequisite returns a value when its installation is completed and the installation of another prerequisite is started. The scenario that you describe may happen if the "My SQL Installer Community" prerequisite returns a success code before its installation to be completed.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
shaileshsathe

Thanks for the reply.

I have tested & reproduced this problem on multiple clean machines.But the scenario was same with each machine.Please let me know how to avoid this if you find anything during testing.

Thanks in advance.
Eusebiu

Hi,

In order to have a better view about this problem please send me your project to support at advancedinstaller dot com and a link to download the "My SQL Installer Community" prerequisite, so I can test it too.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”