jstuardo

2 problems with my installer

Hello, I have built an installer and I had 2 problems:
  • I have added a CustomizeDlg in both First Time Install and Maintenance groups. The problem is that the button in both stages has the label of "Modify". How can change the label of button in first time install to be just "Install"? I was thinking about creating a new custom dialog but I am wondering if there is a easier way to do that.
  • I have added a SQLServerDlg in both First Time Install and Maintenance groups. How can I avoid it to be shown when "Remove" option is selected in maintenance in MaintenanceTypeDlg?
Best regards
Jaime
Eusebiu

Re: 2 problems with my installer

Hi Jaime,
I have added a CustomizeDlg in both First Time Install and Maintenance groups. The problem is that the button in both stages has the label of "Modify". How can change the label of button in first time install to be just "Install"? I was thinking about creating a new custom dialog but I am wondering if there is a easier way to do that.
I'm not sure which "Modify" button you mean. Can you please give me more details or send me a screenshot with that button?
I have added a SQLServerDlg in both First Time Install and Maintenance groups. How can I avoid it to be shown when "Remove" option is selected in maintenance in MaintenanceTypeDlg?
In order to achieve this, you can right-click on that dialog, use the "Show only if..." option and write the following condition:

Code: Select all

InstallMode <> "Remove"
Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
jstuardo

Hello,

when you load CustomizeDlg with Surface theme you will see 2 buttons at bottom. The left one contains "Back" as the label while the right one contains "Modify".

That is the problem. When modifying an installation, it is ok, but when installing it, the label of that button should be "Install", not "Modify".

I was thinking to rename that button to be "Next" what is more generic, but this would be a workaround.

For the other question, when I right click the dialog, no "show only if" option appeared.

Regards
Jaime
Attachments
AI.png
AI.png (24.25 KiB) Viewed 4381 times
Eusebiu

Hi Jaime,

In order to set a different label on that button for the install and maintenance you can duplicate that button by copying and pasting it in the same place. Then set the appropriate label on the two buttons and the following conditions in the "Control Conditions" tab:
  • AI_INSTALL -> Hide (for the "Modify" button)
    AI_MAINT -> Hide (for the "Install" button)
Regarding your second question, please note that the "Show only if" option is available when you right-click on the dialog in the dialogs tree from the "Install Sequence" section.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
jstuardo

Hello Eusebiu,

now "Show only if" option appears, but disabled.

That option appears enabled only for CustomizeDlg.

Regards
Jaime
Attachments
AI 2.png
AI 2.png (15.11 KiB) Viewed 4377 times
Eusebiu

Hi Jaime,

That "Show only if" option is disabled for that dialog because it is added as a dialog in sequence (its name is in bold). When you created it, you used the "New dialog in sequence" option. In order to be able to use that option, you need to create it using the "New Dialog" option.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
jstuardo

Hello...

I was trying to do the same change between Install and Modify button in SQL Server Dialog, however, this is a little different to manage, maybe.

At design time, the button to the right says "Next", however, at both install and maintenance time, that button says "Install". How is the name changed from "Next" to "Install"? I need to do the same as before, so, at install time it should say "Install" but at maintenance time, it should say "Modify". How can I do this for this button?

Furthermore, when Modify button appears in CustomizeDlg, the shield icon is shown in the button. That icon is not shown for my copied button named "Install". How can I set that icon?

Best regards
Jaime
Attachments
SqlServerDlg Install.png
SqlServerDlg Install.png (16.16 KiB) Viewed 4365 times
SqlServerDlg Design.png
SqlServerDlg Design.png (16.18 KiB) Viewed 4365 times
Eusebiu

Hi Jaime,
At design time, the button to the right says "Next", however, at both install and maintenance time, that button says "Install". How is the name changed from "Next" to "Install"? I need to do the same as before, so, at install time it should say "Install" but at maintenance time, it should say "Modify". How can I do this for this button?
The text on the button is set through some events defined in the "Init Events" tab of that dialog. In order to modify the text for the Install and Maintenance phases you can modify the values used for those events. In order to be able to give you more details, please send me your project to support at advancedinstaller dot com, so I can see how it is configured.
Furthermore, when Modify button appears in CustomizeDlg, the shield icon is shown in the button. That icon is not shown for my copied button named "Install". How can I set that icon?
For this, you can select that button and set the "Elevation Shield" flag to "True" for it.

Best regards,
Eusebiu

Return to “Building Installers”