Powercoder

Auto Build / Update File Update

Hi I am building an installer with The option to use auto updater. I have a full install package. I created a modified update only install, Then I created a update config package. When I modify the update only install with a new version, I would like it to automatically run the update config package with the new version number. I find it tedious to need to update both packages every time I update. Is there a way to do this? this way I simply update my update install and my updater.txt config package is automatically update and built as well.
Dan

Re: Auto Build / Update File Update

Hello,

Note that you can use the Advanced Installer command line to create, build or edit projects without using the graphical interface.

In this case, you can have a build event that will launch a file of commands that will create the Updates Configuration file.

Also, I will add an improvement on our TODO list so that we keep in sync the Expected Value field from the Update Detection Criteria with the installer version. We only prefill that field when you add the update, but we don't sync with the installer version if its version was changed.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Powercoder

Re: Auto Build / Update File Update

Hi Dan, thank you for offering this advice. I will try this idea. I read through a large portion of the online documentation. I even saw this, I just didn't process the idea that I could utilize it for this purpose. My mind was too focused on other issues I guess. I will look further into this and see what I can do to make this process more automatic utilizing command-line interface.

Thanks!

Return to “Building Installers”