TCG

Application ReInstalls on Launch

Hello - Hopefully someone can help me here. Our company has just purchased the architect version of Advanced Installer and I am attempting the first "test" package.
I have some software that is in the form of a exe and has a bunch of cab files etc, and requires some config during installation, and to enter license information during the install.
I decided to use the "Repackage Installation" method. (please advise if this is correct, or if I should be using another method), it went away and did as I expected, and scanned the computer, ran the install, scanned the computer, and imported the build back into advanced installer. I then built the package. And everything is working fine. So the problem lies, when I install the package on a different PC, it installs ok, and launches, however on every time I launch the program the install window pops up and seemingly reinstalls the software. The process takes a minute or so before it launches.. Is there anyway to stop this?
Attachments
AdvInstallerReinstall.PNG
AdvInstallerReinstall.PNG (10.64 KiB) Viewed 1299 times
Eusebiu

Re: Application ReInstalls on Launch

Hi and welcome to our forums.

It seems that the self-repair action is triggered by Windows Installer when you start your application. This happens because Windows Installer automatically detects some missing resources of the application.

Please take a look on the "File Associations - Please wait while windows configures" and the "Please wait while Window configures..Pop up" threads for more details.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”