bchernecki

Attach file using path variable??

I am attempting to attach a file but I am concerned that when we move the .aip file to our CI server it won't be able to find it because it's hard coded in a particular custom action.

We already utilize the command line to set a path variable for all installed files. Will this this be applied automatically as well to attachments?
attach_file.png
attach_file.png (4.07 KiB) Viewed 1804 times
Is there a way to attach a file using path variable?
bchernecki

Re: Attach file using path variable??

So it appears that this isn't as hard coded as it seams, the file location is NOT hard coded but appears to be relative to the location of the .AIP file. Which makes it portable for our Jenkins Environment.

And according to this quote from https://www.advancedinstaller.com/user- ... ables.html I never needed path variable
Do not confuse using path variables to using relative paths. To avoid re-adding resources or worrying about missing resources you have to ensure all paths stay relative to the project root path when moving the project from one computer to another. In this case you don't need path variables.
:oops:

So to ensure attached files are portable, make sure they share the same directory as the .AIP file. :D
Eusebiu

Re: Attach file using path variable??

Hi,

Yes, keeping the resource files relative to the project will let you move from a machine to another without problems.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”