Derrin

Iterate properties

Hi,
Is it possible to iterate all properties in .Net custom action, so we can create a list of used properties?
Thx.
Regards,
Derrin
Daniel

Re: Iterate properties

Hello Derrin,

I'm not sure I fully understand what you need to achieve. Can you please give me more details about your requirement, maybe give me a short example?

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Derrin

I want to collect all setted properties and send to our server.
I know, you have a custom action for this. But there i have to single choice all properties. I was wondering if it can collect all properties in a .Net Custom action.

In the log of a failed installation, there are all listed. So I was wondering if I can also do this in my custom action.

thx and regards,
Derrin
Daniel

Hello Derrin,

You can achieve that by developing your own custom action that will get all the installer properties from the "Property" table of the MSI installation database. The custom action can be scheduled during "Install Execution Stage" as an immediate custom action.

Have a look on the "Get-MsiDatabaseProperties" article. However, please note that this script will list only the properties defined into your MSI database at build time. If there will be properties which are defined and set at install time only (i.e. set from command line), those properties are not in the "Property" table, thus will be missed.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”