predacon

Problem creating registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Hi everybody,
I'm trying to create an MSI installer with a registry key located in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run.
The intaller ends without error but the registry the key is not created.I've tryed many kinds of configuration and I'm able to create it with other software installer. Can you help me ?

Thank very much

The verbose log

Line 682: MSI (s) (D4:8C) [09:50:19:031]: Executing op: ComponentRegister(ComponentId={68005146-5295-4626-A5E8-DB8072FBF85A},KeyPath=02:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\TEST_KEY,State=3,,Disk=1,SharedDllRefCount=0,BinaryType=0)
Line 788: MSI (s) (D4:8C) [09:50:20:382]: Executing op: RegAddValue(Name=TEST_KEY,Value=C:\Programmi\MySoft\MySoft.exe,)
Attachments
Immagine.png
Immagine.png (14.83 KiB) Viewed 5220 times
predacon

Re: Problem creating registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

I've solved the problem.

When you are on 64 bit architecture the registry key is added into:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Otherwise, in 32 bit machine the registry key is added into:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Eusebiu

Re: Problem creating registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Hi and welcome to our forums.

Indeed, on a 64-bit machine, the registry entries are added by default under the "Wow6432Node" key. If you want to add them outside that key, you can select the "Mark component as 64-bit" option for them.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”